2018 Buick Encore Preferred $2449 OnePay drive-off ; 24 months 24K miles (Updated ..)

When I turned in my 2016 Encore at lease end last month the dealer told me that GM doesn’t offer them (the dealer) any special wholesale price where he could make some money. The dealer claimed that GM ships all the Encore’s to the mid-west and that they are sold there at higher prices.

Im in S.FL the best I could work was about $170 tax incl. I just lost it on SFL dealers. Nutjobs have sales people who have no idea how leases are done and to top it off, $999 dealer fee. I just did 2 deals today in MO and im shipping them down to FL and still saving my parties 700 to 800 bucks on the total cost over 24 months. I actually have 4 more parties lined up and all of these are friends n family. PM me if your in this area and interested.

Yes, can confirm on the negative depreciation issue. I tried to tell finance guy that the limitation was only applicable to Single Pay Lease (as adamcar pointed out), but he told me he could not do negative depreciation on any GM lease. And some folks here on Leasehackr seemed to confirm the dealer view on this.

So…this is how we got around it, to take advantage of all rebates, GM Buypower dollars etc. Had dealer lower the Dealer Discount on the deal, and put in the same amount rebates down below. Net Adj Cap Cost, lease payment, comes out the exact same. Then had dealer cut me a check for the extra rebates that would not have been usable otherwise.

It did take a few minutes to have the finance guy “get” what I was trying to do. But once he understood the angle, he went for it, as no skin off dealers back other than issuing check request, as he nets the same.

For Example, Say residual is $17K, but full rebates would put Adj cap cost at $15K. So 2K in theory not allowable.

But say car has $3K in dealer discount. So change dealer discount to $1K, and then use the extra $2k in full rebates. Cap cost now comes out $17K, so deal can go through. Then dealer cuts you check for the $2K.

I just did an encore deal last month where I ended up getting paid $868 to drive the car for 2 years 15K using this method. Ended up with a lease payment of $68/mo, and got back check from dealer for $2500.

And by the way, this was in Texas, so the $68 payment included sales tax on entire price of car less rebates. So,if you are not too picky, and have set yourself up properly beforehand to take advantage, it is actually possible to do an amazing lease deal in Texas.

I plan to do a full write up of the deal when I get a minute…

2 Likes

PLEASE. Texas here. what dealer in texas? thanks

Renowned family dealership GMC/Buick near Dallas Love Field Airport. Great team of folks to work with including Ms. Vivian.

There were also some private responses asking for Dealership/Sales person name and additional details.

Curious factoid: our own neighbor (3 houses away) brought home Encore dated as of March 15th temporary registration tag … could that be as a result of this (or other) Encore Posting (and/or private messages ?). Almost feels good, seeing the action :slight_smile:

ATX - great point you made. We were almost ready to do what you said - let dealership increase their price, and then/thus fully utilize all Rebates (and/or lease related fees); Take the cash/check instead. If we had more discounts (say, GM card cash or CollegeGrad etc discounts) - definitely would’a went this route.

Edited:
Like Adamcar indicated, after going thru lease and MF with fine tooth-comb we found out: if we went with Increased MF of 0.00075 in lieu of $650 lease fee - we could have saved additional $111 in total. Our OnePay amount would have improved to: $2440 instead of $2551 (saving additional $111 ; but we already signed one week ago)

Will do it better next time! may be along with GM Card points/discounts too :slight_smile:

These dealers are sneaky. “Only $239 DUE AT SIGNING” Fine Print: $239 due at signing plus tax, tag, title, $499 dealer fee and $199 electronic filing fee.

I see, seems interesting. I would definitely do a bunch of deals like these, even if I don’t like the car. What dealership did you use? Does anyone know of any dealers in the NJ (NY, PA, CT, MD, DE) area that would do this?

Our is - a renowned family dealership GMC/Buick near Dallas Love Field Airport. Great team of folks to work with including Ms. Vivian.

Agree with ATX’s and Adamcar’s points - we could have futther gotten our deal down to $2440 for OnePay.

Think the improvised deals already pouring-in, see the post:

Here is my calculation for a Terrain deal. I don’t understand why the total payment will be higher if I click “GM Acquisition Waiver: waive the acquisition fee by raising the MF by 0.00075.” in the calculator? I think the total payment should be lower. Is it a bug or my numbers are very special? Can somebody help to review it?

Do the math. With your deals’s cap cost and RV, the adjusted MF cost over 24 months is $735, which is more than the acq fee.

Following spread-sheet we had the numbers put in (couldn’t do LH numbers “comparatively” with ease; had resorted to Excel so all the numbers are clear in our face :slight_smile: Please note, the numbers are approximate due to reverse engineer from lease docs, as dealer did not fully reveal actual/exact MF, nor MSRP, or exact sales price ( supplier pricing)

BTW - this calculator is based on Texas taxing/fees, and fine-tuned for our situation (comparative analysis). Don’t think this is universal … Use LH Calculator instead …

We chose option# C20 ; But Admcar pointed out, we should have chosen B20 instead to save about $113 ! There is, always some learning for us (and some savings for next guys reading this thread!)

Your Rent charge mostly depends on your Adj Cap cost * Interest Rate (MF * 2400) * lease-term. But, the lease calculator does precise calculations for you. Plug the numbers and see the savings …

Further improvisation on our original deal. Due to -8 negative depreciation amount as shown in the image of the earlier update., this Deal got rejected by GM finance it appears. Finance called up, and said, they need to make Depreciation amount Above zero, and they are willing to eat -9 further costs, so that it will be above-zero amount of depreciation - thus will get approved by GM Financial. The dealership to eat $9 payment as their loss or something.

But, we proposed the $650 lease fee waiver option (for increased 0.00075 MF) as discussed earlier in this thread (adamcar), we now have further saved lil over $100 with lease-fee waiver option, bringing one-pay amount to: $2449

Updated Lease Papers are being shipped to home, along with return-envelope (ah - nice!), no longer need a trip to dealership for this Updated paperwork :slight_smile: !

Couple of cohorts got this further improved to $2005 for OnePay, per thread:

Tried to replicate the deal at multiple DFW area dealers on Monday, but it did not work out as none of them used the $2000 flex cash. great deal though for those who got it.