2018 BMW X5 lease help

I’m looking to lease a BMW X5, dealer quoted a selling price of 61085 for a car msrp 68585, this is after 1000 corp fleet discount and 3000 customer rebate (holiday credit? Are they the same thing?). Wondering how much room is there for negotiation. Also dealer mentioned 58% as RV for 36 months 10000 miles, is this normal or too low? I’m thinking of targeting 650 monthly payment with 0 downplay, is that reasonable? First time leasing a car, any advice appreciated. I’m in CA. Thanks.

That discount is low… folks are getting 10% off prior to incentives.

RV is 58%, but the incentives kind of make up for it.

Reach out to Greg Poland at PacificBMW (gregpoland@pacificbmw.com) or @BMW_Dave and both of them will give you a better deal.

Not many (I have not seen any that were not loaners) are getting 10 percent off on 2018 x5s I got just over 9% before discounts and I have not seen anyone post a deal beating that on a new car. Op If you can do 650 plus tax and first month that would be very good.

I have a buddy who jut got 10% off an ordered 2018 X5 prior to incentives. So, it’s out there… that doesn’t mean every dealer will give it, but that’s what I would shoot for.

Possibly dumb question, but I wanted to verify my understanding. For what it’s worth, I am a California resident.

When you guys mention 10% off before incentives, do you mean that you’re getting 10% knocked off the MSRP (e.g. $7k off $70k MSRP) off the bat? And then incentives on top of that to arrive at your final capitalized cost?

From my few hours of research, these are all the incentives I’ve dug up that are still current. Can someone let me know if I’m missing anything?

-recent college grad rebate - $1k
-holiday lease credit - $3k
-corporate fleet discount - $500

I’m also assuming that since the RV/MF are fixed for the model/mileage option, all that can really be negotiated is the MSRP + incentives. Is that wrong to assume?

The Fleet would be $1,000 on an X5 and there are specific OL Codes as well (like from attending driving events) but they are not combinable with Corp Fleet. I have a post about the different amounts available for Corp Fleet on each model.

On a side note, the OP must have been working on a 2017 since a 2018 would have a 59% RV at 36/10k. You can email me directly if you’d like me to beat the deal. Dave.Townsend@bmwofmurrieta.com

Thanks, Dave. It is for a 2018 model, I think incentive for 2017 model is bigger. I’ll reach out to you via email.

Apparently dealer can mark up RV and MF as well, that’s why this forum is so helpful. :slight_smile:

They can’t. But they can mark up MF and aqusition fee.