2018 BMW X3 M40i Executive Loaner - Good deal?

@Xolinlevh

BMW of Minnetonka had a few M40i loaners; they had two black on blacks last week, not sure if they are still around.

One other point of comparison is that the $4000 down also covers $1888 in taxes + $683 for first payment; so total cash down is actually only about $1500 (Just realized that MN tax is different than other states, as it is an expense upfront)

Nope. Total cash down is $4,000 if you hand the dealer $4,000. Doesn’t matter into what buckets it goes, it’s $4k out of your pocket. It’s $4k at risk if some jagoff steals your ride or some drunk totals it for you.

It makes no difference where the dealer puts your money, it’s money you gave them all at once that you could have given to the leasing bank slowly over time.

At some point you lived in Pittsburgh…

2 Likes

Close — Dover, Ohio.

90 miles from PIT. Flew from there a bunch.

1 Like

I’m trying to lease a bmw M40. These are the numbers dealer gave me. Is this a fair deal? Thanks!
MSRP $54340
Sale Price $51,265
Rebates $2500
MF .00166
Lease 12k miles @ 36 mos
Residual $31770
Residual 59%
Mileage 3400
Cash down (MSDs and Georgia tax 7%) $4400
Payment $600

Not a good deal. A crappy discount for a brand new one, let alone a loaner. You should be shooting for 15%+ off before incentives on a loaner with buy rate MF (which you have right now).

1 Like

Thanks for your help. I made mistak there. The MSRP was little more than 58000 and the market value was 54340 and the dealer gave another 2100 discount. I will ask them to reduce the market value to 15%. At the worse they will say no which I’m okay.

Interested in how this turns out. I will be in the market for 1 in the next 1-2 months…

I’m confused - so your MSRP is $58XXX and your sale price is now $49165?

That’s right. The final value is $49165.

I don’t know what the doc fee and registration is in your area, but with a sale price $49165 before rebates, I come up with a monthly around $515/month after tax with first month, MSD, doc fee, and tags at signing. Does that match what they gave you? The only way to make it better would be more discount on the loaner - I suggested 15+% - if you got it to 18% you’d be into the 4XX which seems like the sweet spot to me.

1 Like

No that’s not close to what they are offering. You are right the numbers do not making sense. They are trying to make me confuse and they have been successful:). They keep asking me what my monthly payment goal is. Tomorrow I will ask them for $500 monthly payment and no down payments (except MSDs and first month; today they said all together will be around $2900).

That’s probably because they’re charging a crazy doc fee. Use the calculator here to enter all the numbers and figure it out.

1 Like

Today I told them I take the car if they can do no down payment and $500. They said said that’s not possible so I left. After an hour they texted me to come up with best offer and I told them I will let them know by Monday. I think they may accept my offer. I think your offer is very reasonable and I won’t go more than $510-520 per month with no down payment.

From what I’ve seen, low 5’s and $0 DAS would be a great deal on that SUV. Also, been reading its a great drive, nearly as sport as Macan.