2018 BMW M3 competition loaded. 81Kmsrp. $685.27/mo+tax. 17 remaining months, 0 down, 0 MSD

If BMWFS has your title they may be able to get your transfer done in a week. That’s how long it took me to get everything transferred over. They’re emailing docs now versus mailing them. Overnight them back and you should be fine.

1 Like

I’m currently transferring my car now and they’re definitely a lot slower than before (this is my 6th time). It took a solid week just to get into Stage 2. In the five other times I’ve transferred cars with them before, they’ve had the paper title only once and that’s because the car had been transferred before with them and they already had the paper title in-house. Otherwise 99.9% of the time for California transfers, they have only the electronic title and they need to wait for the paper title from the CA DMV, which is what takes the longest (they are currently quoting 3-4 weeks just for that). Also, they have always emailed the Stage 2 docs and you have to mail them back with wet signs. That’s nothing new.

That’s weird. I transferred in CA at the end of last month in a week. I was surprised they had my title already. When I assumed a lease last year it took them about 3 weeks.

1 Like

They may have had your paper title in house for some reason. Super rare if that happens. Best thing to do is call BMW FS and ask if they have the paper title for your car already — they can tell you right away. If they do, the transfer will take 7-10 days max. Otherwise it’s more along the lines of the 3-4 week timeframe.

Take that $2000 and buy an exhaust with an electric cutout valve, keep the valves shut on cold starts at home.

Problem solved, you keep your car, wife/kid are happy.

And it’s probably gonna cost you half of that incentive to throw an electric cutout, bonus is that the electronic shutoff valves are almost undetectable and you can go from super super quiet to louder than what you have atm.

1 Like

Killer deal with that incentive. Bmwfs is generally slow, but if you keep calling them to stay on top of things, transfer can be done in 2 weeks. It took me 2.5 weeks to transfer my m3 5 months a go, just before covid.

Btw, I found the buyer through bimmerpost

1 Like

Nice deal. If I can unload my Model 3, I would take this in a hearbeat.

you going to go back the ICE aka the dark side?

just wanted to give everyone an update that I’ve already entered stg 2 of the transfer process so car is pending, but I’ve made a list in order of other parties interested and will try my best to keep those that have PM’d updated. thanks for the community support.

1 Like

My job is remote so I figured I drive something nice, lol. I got the Model 3 to save on gas and carpool access, which I don’t need anymore.