2018 BMW Lease - Working deals now, appreciate any tips/advice/help!

75% SP? What does sp stand for?

Sales price.

You’re funny. :slight_smile:

Asking 75% and winding up at 77% is still more favorable than asking 77% and winding up at 79%.

So… I think I did good. Skipping the tradein. Was waiting on another dealer but don’t think I’m going to wait anymore and make a trip half way across the country. I don’t have all the numbers in front of me but here’s what I can share:

2018 BMW320i xDrive
~4500 miles
MSRP: 42,095

Out the door: $1000 down plus first month payment
24/10 lease - $250 a month

Good?

Here’s a more expensive one that someone just grabbed as reference

Yeah I saw that. They had 750 more rebates, MSDs, and under 500 miles which dropped the price quite a bit. The car I’m looking at has 4500. Funny how it would be more than one with less miles! That’s the two things I’ve seen that pushed mine over, but I’m asking for the numbers to be sent so I can try to get down lower. My guy must have raised something since last time we talked and he’s hesitant to send me the numbers for fear “they might get posted on the internet”.

Have to keep working.

Need a break down on the numbers, selling price incentives, mf etc

So I’m getting a decent deal at 19% discount. 66 residual for 24 months.

But he’s still claiming he can’t get .00165 for MF rate, not only sticking with his buy rate is .0177 but openly saying he can’t go below his .01977 20db markup.

That, and the 4400 miles push the cost up quite a bit too. They don’t have any with <500 miles on them. Too bad the dealer in KC won’t call or email me back. They have about 10 on the lot <10 miles on them, and they are all priced on their site at 29k!

I bet that would be a super steal but they don’t seem interested in dealing with it.

Did you call the kc dealer or just email? The dealer in Denver has a bunch of 320i’s, i’ve got a salesman there that’s pretty good, can’t say the same for the floor manager. Pm me and I’ll give you his number, you can text him and he’s very responsive.

Called and talked to a guy. He took my info, even emailed me a trade form although I’m not trading in anymore just going to keep the truck until it sells private.

I called him to check in the early afternoon he said he was waiting back for his manager. Emailed him early evening, nothing back. Maybe he’ll get back tomorrow.

Denver is 14 hours and 1/10 of my lease miles for the year away hah, might be a little far. I’ve been meaning to get back there though for a visit. Appreciate the offer though!

Just bump the miles on the lease and make them eat it in the price

This, i’ll take a 1% RV drop for 4K extra miles any day of the week!

Hmmm, maybe I should take a look at the numbers. It seems like a reach, 14 hours is a long drive, but might be possible to do it.

I was taking into account cost of flights also, but I just found a flight from Ohare to Denver next week for $33!

Are you all saying buy an extra 500 miles, or get a 12k mileage? I thought 12 was much more expensive than 10. I work from home so I don’t drive a ton anyway might not come close to 10k, although I imagine I’ll like to more being back in a BMW.

@joeblogs I don’t want to waste this person’s time but I am very serious about leasing. I guess it couldn’t hurt to see. If you want PM me his number I can see what he could put together.

12k isn’t much more, I’ll pm you his number

Just 1% RV less

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here! I ended up getting a deal I’m very happy with. I also made the offer on one with around 1500 less miles with lower residual, but they couldn’t do that one at the price I wanted. I got the same exact one, same color/options everything with more miles but they credited me to make up the difference in residual to make it even with the other. I don’t have the exact numbers in front of me and it doesn’t really matter since this isn’t the deal sharing forum. But for those who gave advice, here is the important stuff:

2018 320i xDrive - Loaner 4900 miles on odometer

20% discount off MSRP before rebates

Rebates: 3k lease credit, 1k grad, 250 USAA = $4250

.000197 MF + .00050 for waived acquisition fee (he was willing to work with me on everything but said no way he could work the MF down, I tried a few times and I accepted because I’m getting the deal I wanted without flying across the country and driving back home two days straight from Cali)

66% residual

24m / 10k lease

$260 a month taxes included
$260 first month payment due at signing (everything else including DMV/initial taxes/etc rolled in to lease)

I feel very lucky to have gotten this deal, this month, and where I got it at (not So-Cal)! Originally I was going to put $500 down plus tax/title/license/first month was like $1227 down and $215 a month! I decided to just roll it all in and walk off paying just first payment. I think when I calculated that original deal it was 13.9 years on the calc.

This is also the first lease I ever negotiated. My salesperson is probably the best I’ve ever worked with. Really tried to give me what I wanted and was just honest when something wasn’t going to happen there. I did have to ask for more of course, but hey that’s the game right?

I’m now going to be driving an almost brand new BMW for the same price I was paying on my 10 year old truck that had 115,000 more miles on it :grin: , which I ended up selling private party instead of trading in, netting me 3k more thanks to the advice of someone here saying just get the lease and keep the truck too to sell private party, which happened in just a few days.

Again, thank you all so much for all the advice.

5 Likes

Congrats! A heck of a deal for your first lease negotiation.

Mind sharing/pming which dealer you worked with? I’m in a similar area (MN) an I am looking to find a dealer that still has 18 3er incentives at the moment

Congrats on the new ride! Great car for the money, you’ll enjoy it. Post it to the trophy garage!

1 Like

Underrated aspect of the deal …an extra 3k over trade is a lot :dollar: