2018 BMW i3 Rebate $1000 BMW CCA Jan 2019

Hello All,
I just wanted to share with you my experience I had with BMW CCA.
We all know that the rebate on this model no longer is valid. When I leased mine back on Jan 2, on BMW CCA website, it was still an eligible vehicle for $1000 rebate. I submitted the application for the rebate along with all the necessary documents. My application was reviewed and APPROVED by BMW CCA and was just waiting for check to be issued from BMW of NA.

As time lasped and I was following up on my rebate check, I again was
told on Feb 5th my application was APPROVED and “Once a check is
mailed, you will get an email update.” So, again I waited…and would
continue to sign on to the website and see the status at “Approved by
CCA”. The status continuously stated “Approved by CCA”.

Once again, I followed up on my claim and on April 15, I reached out to them. I
received a reply back from BMW CCA on April 15th informing me it’s
still being processed by BMW NA. “…they have been having system
issues and are processing everything manually. As soon as a check
cuts, you will get an email.”

Then on April 16th, the status was changed to denied and I received an email on the very same day. The email states that my application was denied because it is not an eligible model.

BMW CCA terms and conditions can change but it should not change once an application was received and approved. BMW NA and BMW CCA should honor my application for the time the application was
received, it WAS A MODEL ELIGIBLE FOR A $1000 rebate. To deny my claim after several months stating it’s no longer an eligible model was wrong.

I reached out to BMWF. After being routed to a couple other departments within, my rebate check is in processing now.

Just wanted to share my experience with BMW CCA. Make sure you document any rebates with them, including screen shots. They were the responsible party administering the program and yet they were the ones that did not stand behind their actions. The one person at BMW CCA who handles the rebates is very rude and unhelpful. BMW CCA should have taken responsibility for this and THEY should have went above and beyond to rectify the matter with BMWF.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: BMW CCA - Rebate Enhanced, Immediate Availability