2018 base subaru wrx

I drive a lot. Lookin to lease then buy out at the end or sell off at about 30 months. Probably need a 12k/36

Anyone got numbers on 18 wrx base lease?

I’ve got a 2012 wrx base that I’m gonna sell.

Right now subaru has incentive for 315 a month 1150 down. I’m in Ohio but will fly anywhere to get it…in Florida I see some dealers offering like 285/mo. How do different states come up with better numbers…new to this lease hackers thing. But generally lookin to see what opinions are for best deals on the wrx’s…thanks for the help

Why wouldn’t you just finance?

2 Likes

Subaru doesn’t subsidize leases the way others do and their RVs are very high, so no point to lease-then-buy. Just finance.

Ok. Sounds good. I’ll just trade my 12 in on a new and stretch it 60 mo.

315 a mo sounded like a good payment. Financing out probably around 450/mo. I generally like to keep my payments near 200. My 12 only has 56,000. Paid off. Maybe I’ll just keep it ha. I don’t know, kinda want a new one tho. Want vs need…

If you’re trading in your 12, you should get a decent amount for it… maybe $15K if its a base sedan. if you are buying a base WRX, invoice is around 26500, add in taxes and fees and you’re closer to 27500-28000 depending on fees and taxes with a trade. you can do the math
Point is, you’re only financing about 12-13K, over 60 months you should be around $200 a month ±.

resale values are generally better than the residuals on the Subis.

I have a 2016 base WRX Sti. I do like it a lot. it seems like a totally different car than the 2012. However… the smarter financial move is not to trade it in, and to drive your car into the ground…

1 Like

Exactly, I was about to say the same.

I should just buy new and sell every two to three years. These cars don’t lose much value.

I’d say every 3-4 years. Value still takes the heaviest hit in the first 2 years.

Yeah, I haven’t done it yet, but will be getting out of it on the sooner side. i’m getting tired of the rough ride, short gears and jerky drivetrain. I’m sure some of it is me being sloppy, but around town its cranky.

I did the analysis when I bought it in 2016, even using their residuals, it made sense to buy it over a lot of other cars that were cheaper or used. The used market is super high.

Some people lease for 3 years then trade it in on the next lease with positive equity.

I’m looking at either getting a decent used sedan as a daily and something fun like a wrangler. Or getting a cheap comfortable lease (which is why I’m on here) and get a used wrangler or something.