2018 Audi SQ5 Premium Plus MSRP $65,180 MSRP, $685/mo, 12k/36m

Yea I missed the region. Even more reason not to deal in this scenario.

Agreed they generally don’t lease well, but don’t agree they are a terrible value. Audi packs a ton more features and tech at a lower price point than most other luxury brands. Even base model Audis tend to have sunroof, memory seats, real leather, collision detection, etc. You don’t see that on other brands.

The A4 has been leasing well lately. You can get it to meet the 1% rule and it’s the most feature packed car in the class for the price point.

At the same time the Q5 doesn’t lease well, and I’d agree I’d rather get a Stelvio.

1 Like

I leased my sq5 right around 1% in December. It’s easily the best car I’ve ever owned.

My guess is that they could have been bad for similar numbers a month or so ago during summer of Audi. Later this year, season of Audi will start and deals should be similar. The RVs are strong, msd are available, and Audi adds incentives on them that aren’t available on the q7.

1 Like

You’re paying over 800 a month with that cash down for a 65K car. Audi’s never lease well. Thats why BMW destroys them in sales.

However, Audi’s are definitely better made cars so enjoy it!

some people do like having a well built car.

this is true.

The SQ5 in that red is a beautiful looking car. The fake exhaust kills me though.

https://cargur.us/kThVf

I’ve had this car on my watchlist for a while (never going to buy anywhere near $80k though), great looking car with the bodykit. I’m assuming the exhaust is real on this.

Fake exhaust?

@ajgraham from looking at ABTs website it seems to just be part of the body kit. I don’t see any mention of changes to the exhaust system beyond the twin pipes

1 Like

Oh wow… so now we’re moving on from fake/enhanced exhaust sound to fake exhaust pipes!

yeah, the fake exhaust is the only thing I dislike, and Audi gets blasted for it in every review of the sq5. but, I’ve gotten used to it, and even if I owned the car, I wouldn’t modify it.

I am actually in the market for a Q5, even got a dealer sending me offers saying that they’re willing to eat up to $2500 in payments on my dodge charger (I still have about 4 months left). My goal is to 1% on 53k MSRP…what are the chances?

Going there Sunday to test drive

Just be careful when a dealer says they will eat your existing payments. In every deal I have negotiated, I got the purchase price and terms set first before I even mentioned a trade or existing lease. Every time a sales person tells me not to worry about my remaining payments, they are really just rolling those payments into the new lease. If you negotiate 12% off a Q5, don’t be surprised if they suddenly aren’t willing to eat the payments on the Charger. The dealer is not going to discount their new car to the bone, and take a loss on your used car. I cannot see you getting to 1% on a Q5 with nothing down AND a trade that’s upside down. 1% on the Q5 alone takes some serious discounting. Just have your eyes open when you meet with your salesman.

thanks buddy.

I know they will try that, but I am not in a hurry to switch cars yet and I mainly just want to test drive the Q5 and then XC60, X3 and also stelvio.

I told the sales person that im just coming in to test drive, if they try to press me to make a deal ill offer to take it at 1% with no money down. If theyre desperate ill take the Q5

1 Like

Yeah everyone is also giving OP a hard time for putting “too much down” but looking at the numbers he actually didn’t put too much down, he mostly had a lot due at signing because he has to pay the tax up front for NY state, there’s no getting out of that.

He probably should have pushed for a bigger discount but it’s not the worst deal ever, this is a very hard car to lease cheaply.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

I just picked up a 2018 A3 after shopping in four different states for it, two of which I have lived in the last 30 days. Anyone can get the dealer to take 10% off the MSRP before rebates with minimal pressure, it should be your starting point. It seems to be difficult to get past that. I’d love to learn how.

One way to save a few bucks is to get AudiCare, which knocks your residual up a point and pays for itself in your first out-of-pocket visit to a dealer. The nice thing about getting a leased Audi serviced at the dealer is they will do things like replace the brake fluid for free, probably because it’s still their car and it costs practically nothing when one has the tools and it’s already on the rack. It’s also nice if you keep the car because the transmission service at 35K is a whopper.

1 Like

Which dealer do you use in Chicago? I feel like the Audi Exchange and FJ are rarely motivated to move cars at all.

I used Orland Park for my 13% off the 2019 A5 coupe order. FJ offered me 13% off a 2019 S4 or A5 coupe. Morton Grove offered me 13% off a 2018 S4 in stock, but they didn’t have one with my options. Morton Grove just gave another forum member 15% off a 2018 Q5 in stock. Audi Exchange seemed eager to deal on existing 2018s, but not as eager on a 2019 order.