2018 Accord Sport 1.5T or 2.0T?

2.0 is the way to go. Tough to predict residual but I just leased a 2.0 exl and anticipate my 50% residual being a better value than the market in 36 mos. It’s a really nice ride.

I was debating among these two trims a couple months back as well.
I wanted the 1.5t as i think due to it being a lower priced trim and the most common one, 1.5t retains more resale value after 3 years.
Also 1.5t is more fuel efficient than 2.0T. I wanted 1.5t for that reason, but i ended with a EXL-2.0 because the deal i got seemed to have better value for the money.
I am driving that for 264+tax.
I was able to negotiate the 1.5t only 10-12 better than 2.0 so 2.0t had more value for the money.
If you want resale and bettee fuel go with 1.5
If you want better ride and another honda lease down the road go with 2.0

Def get the 2.0t if you can afford it. Not only is it faster but has more options like moonroof, rear vents, Sirius satellite etc. the 2.0t is based off the EX while the 1.5 is based on the base LX…

Having leased many accords in the past (most recently a 2014 EX 6MT) I really wanted a 2.0t 6MT but couldn’t wrap my head around paying Low to mid $300’s a month for an “Accord”

Picked up the 2.0T today and am very very happy with it especially since I was coming out of a 2016 Accord Sport. Car is wicked fast and drives great.

1 Like

Hi Peter. I am in your exact situation, and am also in NJ.
Would you mind sharing with me the dealership information, cause
I might jump on that same deal…did you get the 2.0 automatic or the manual?

I got the 2.0 T AT. Unfortunately the incentives for 2018s ended yesterday and getting a good price on a 2018 will be difficult at this point.

1 Like

Hi Peter.
Just FYI.

I Got a quote from Hamilton Honda today for the 2.0T:
36/10,000 miles.
Total out of pocket: $3,000
Monthly lease: $ 326,00

A CRV LX from same dealer:
36/12,000 miles
Total out of pocket $ 3,000
Monthly lease: $ 249,00

I drove the accord 1.5t this morning, and was impressed by the performance and handling of the car, but since I am 6’4”, my right knee kept roughing up
Against the panel…a bit of a turndown.

Still, tomorrow I will drive the 2.0, and I just might fall in love with it…screw my knee! :slight_smile:

BUT U DEFINITELY GOT THE BETTER DEAL!!

Cheers
Soren

Once I stepped on the gas I wanted the 2.0T, lol. The 2.0T has more features similar to the EX.

To be honest that’s a bad deal on both. Don’t put money down especially that much. Effectively it’s $409 a month. For that price you can probably get I to a BMW 330xi and definitely a 320. See what the incentives are for a 2019 this month.

Call a bunch of dealers and play them against each other or use one of the brokers on here. Try one in the middle of nowhere in PA and see where you get with that.

1 Like

That’s a ridiculously expensive monthly payment for a Crv LX!!!

The 2.0 is the touring ? Not sport? Right?

1 Like

Hi Traderx,
Thank you for your feedback.
No, it is actually a 2.0t Sport.
I welcome any further advise you can share?

Thanks Peter.
Seems like Traderx agrees with you :slight_smile:
I guess I should wait a while, and seek a better deal somewhere,
thankfully I am in no hurry.

Read this site more. Negotiate selling price. you should be 27,5 or lower. Be aware of incentives for various trims. Plenty of threads on here, edmunds, driveaccord, etc. Monthly payment will be whatever it is depending on how youe structure the deal, regardless of
“I got a Touring for $250/mo” people. Get the best deal you can on the car that you want.

1 Like

Eeek a 2.0 sport…yea way too much… definitely agree with Peter, both of those leases are way too high, would spend more time shopping other dealers since you have time…

1 Like

Incentives for 2018s ended on Monday as I mentioned and there is only $300 lease cash on most trims for the 2019s according to Edmunds. If you can wait, I would highly recommend doing so.

1 Like

Thanks again Peter and everyone else, I truly
Appreciate your advice. Yes, I will wait a while, check out the forums
and see if the situation changes over the next 30-60 days.

Did you put any money DAS? I am looking for a deal.

@mikah1987 Here’s the link for the deal I signed on the car.

2018 lease support is over and there are no real incentives on 2019s yet.

1 Like

Hi there. I thought The Accord would be perfect for me, but being 6’3” turned out to be a bad fit for me. My knee was banging against the right side panel. So last week I purchased a VW Passat GT (vr6 engine / 280 HP)…got it with 16000 miles on it, and 7 year bumper to bumper warranty…$ 21500.
Best deal I ever made, and that car checks all the boxes for me…roomy, fast, a nice sporty/comfy ride (not as sporty as the Accord but still)…and I am averaging 28 mpg…for a naturally aspirated v6…not bad.

2 Likes

That 7 year bumper to bumper warranty, how much did that add on cost?
What year is that Passat? 2017?

My Drive off which included first month as well was $1000