2017 Volvo S60 Inscription Lease

Ursus you are a Volvo Genius! Where do you find this info? Is that for NY? Can you basically just tell me the deal I should go after? T5 Inscription with BLISS and beech-wood interior (specifically this car https://goo.gl/XYBIFt)

Yes, NY. They just probably updated May incentives:

You get $335/mo with $0 down, including tax and acquisition fee on the sale price of $39,000 ($1,755 under invoice)

He’s also Subaru genius …

1 Like

doing a lot of hw on S60’s, mostly interested in a dynamic mode with sport + vision + tech putting 0 down on a lease paying no more than ~300/mo. not sure other than legroom + nav what advantages inscription has over dynamic.

looking at local inventory (i’m in socal) there’s maybe a few scattered around though wondering how much room I have to negotiate aggressively if i’m not buying off the lot/dealer trade has to happen.

also, is the free maintenance inclusive of brake jobs?

Nope free maintenance does not include brake

how much can I expect to get off MSRP if dealer is already taking around 10-11% without stepping foot there?

there’s only two models, non-inscription (either with nav/sound or tech) in Socal I’d consider. Ideally I’d want to do a 24mo lease but could do 36 if numbers work in favor. 12-15k a year. Edmunds doesnt have June numbers yet.

about to go test drive at a dealer just to see if I like the car before I back myself into a deal. I’d like to end up around 300/mo for 36mo, not sure how much of an uptick for 24. am I being realistic or no?

I can’t offer any help on pricing on the S60 as I haven’t followed past deals on them, but I was very confused by those numbers. Over both those terms, the total cost is $10800, so why would you take the 24 month term? Wouldn’t you rather get to drive the car for an extra year for “free?”

Inscription is perfect for UberBlack or Taxi dirver

I think I miscalculated and confused myself. I would’ve thought the offset in a shorter lease term would result in a higher payment. I’m a newbie and still figuring out leasing altogether.

I don’t actually drive a taxi lol

By September looking to pick up one of these, either dynamic or inscription (needs to have backup camera). It will be for my grandmother, 36 mon 7.5k miles w/ volvo loyalty. Hoping to be at 250 w/tax. Her current Volvo S60 is an '03 bought new and has 22k miles

But you can drive Inscription for UberBlack, if you decide one day :slight_smile:

1 Like

found an inscription and dynamic I wanna pry at, see how aggressive I can get.

anyone have a scenario they closed on recently? appreciate any advice/tips before closing in on one.

http://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/additional-choices/events/summer-sales-event?utm_source=campaign-us

\Got a few quotes (All 36mo/15k), all before credit was ran. Dealer 1 and 2 were all done over the phone. T5 Dynamic FWD model

Dealer 1/Car Pref #3:
MSRP 40,490
Discount: 9,500
Selling Price 30,990
Drive off 825.67
MF .00001
Payment - 364.47 + Tax/399 tax incl

Numbers on 24mo/15k were 452/mo not incl tax so closer to 500. Unsure of drive-off amount (likely min) here though total lease cost is less than 36mo thus far. Semi-attractive

Dealer 2/Car Pref #1:
MSRP 41,290.00
Discount. 8,700.00
Selling Price. 32,590.00
Drive off 790.34
MF .00031 (obviously being marked up though haven’t pointed out/made known to the salesperson)
Payment - 457.59 tax incl

Did not get 24mo figures

Dealer 3/Car Pref #2:
MSRP 42,505
Discount 8,664
Selling Price 33,841.00
Drive off 843.85
MF - Missing from sheet; going to ask tmrw AM though my math leads me to think it’s base or slightly marked up
Payment - 464.21

No 24mo numbers

I’m debating if it’s worth paying higher drive-off inclusive of acquisition fee to bring my payment down a bit. Also may want to spend less in total lease costs by going 24mo. Can’t discern if its worth having a longer term/smaller payments.

If dealer #2 will match the discount dealer #1 is offering and maintain that MF, that payment incl tax I get is 399. Even knowing it was marked up, I’m a little okay with it being it’s not a terribly large margin and I’d get the car I want. Salesperson was adamant this was as far as they could come though I have not met face-to-face.

Appreciate any comments or thoughts on the above.

The MSRPs seem high for a Dynamic, how are they optioned? Also, I’ve been seeing a lot of demo inscriptions laying around with low miles, maybe hunt around a bit more? And that second dealership is indeed playing with the MF.

You’re not wrong; all have metallic paint and best configs I found in the state online. There’s a few small accessories like protection package (?) and rear view mirror compass.

Dealer 1 - Sport Vision Tech + Heated Seats
Dealer 2 - Sport Vision Nav+Harmon Kardon package + Heated Seats
Dealer 3 - Sport Vision Tech Package + Navigation + Heated Seats

I’m gonna try to push Dealer 2 to match the MF/discount on Dealer 1’s car despite difference in MSRP before driving 2 hours there to ask and not land where I need to be.

Not too crazy on how the Inscriptions are optioned, can’t even get Xenon’s without getting into a Platinum.

UPDATE - Dealer 2 is matching the 9500 discount, same MF .00001 resulting in 442 incl tax with min drives.

For anyone that’s curious:

42,505 - MSRP
33,005 - Sales Price (9500 Discount, weren’t budging from this)
33,752 - Adj Cap Cost (incl 695 Acquisition Fee didn’t let them mark up to 995, 27.74 cap cost red, 80 doc fee)
633.12 - Rent Charge (at Tier 2 uptick actualizes to 15/mo added on instead of the free money)
843 due at signing
448.08/mo including tax, 36/mo 15k @ 46% (I was off by 8 in my post)

We were back and forth over $20 bucks in monthly adjustment. I resisted to their first impulse on taxing me on Tier 2 credit, at 468. Irregardless, I feel pretty good how this went down and am happy with the car.

For what it’s worth I was very picky on builds/options, the sticker on mine is on the higher side for not being AWD. My only gripe was not getting the Harmon Kardon Premium sound but my car came with navigation and everything else. I lucked out that the dealer closest to me had it on their lot.

I guess it’s an OK deal on tier 2

Not sure how much better I would’ve faired though I’m curious what your thoughts are