2017 Volvo S60 Inscription Lease

I’m looking at a loaner as well on a 2017 S60 Dynamic T5 AWD. The MSRP is $44,995.00, dealer has car listed for sale at $31,995.00. 2000 miles.

I asked what the lease price would be and hes asking $318 / month with $2300 down. I don’t understand why the monthly payment would be so high.

I’m using the lease calculator and coming up with: (am I doing something wrong?)

MSRP: 44995
Sale Price: 31995
MF: .00025
Residual 44%
taxed rebates: $8,250.00

NY Sales Tax: 8.625%

Monthly Payment (Excl. Tax): $191
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $191
Drive-Off: $0
Registration and doc fee: $480
Total Tax: $1,172
Leasehackr Score: 18.7 years
Disposition Fee: $350
Total Lease Cost: $6,645

What @mattevan said - no one wants them, old design. New one for not more than $300/mo if you really want it is good, IMO. But I’d go for non-loaner Inscription. The fact that you could have had S90 for the same payment puts $355 in perspective.

My guess is the sale price of $32K includes purchase rebates which they would need to back out to swap for the lease rebates.

1 Like

That makes sense. Does anyone know what the purchase rebates are right now?

1 Like

That’s the exact reason, even when I was able to hack a 15% off deal on a new one in early August, I didn’t pull the trigger. With crappy residuals, 32% total off MSRP still meant a $300/mth lease payment in low tax NC. I even liked the S60 better than the S90, but my internal miser couldn’t let go of the, “I could have an S90 for the same price” thoughts. In the end I punted. A 3 yr old S60 at 60% off MSRP seems like a decent purchase value.

More like a 4 years old. I got 40% trade-in for my 4 years old low mileage one.

You asked on Edmunds, but did not ask about incentives? :slight_smile:

S60 T5 AWD Dynamic - “$8250 total lease incentives”

I’m very new to this whole lease hacking site. So if I’m understanding correctly, I need to deduct the purchase incentives that are included in a selling price from the total amount of lease incentives?

Thank you for all the help!!

Maybe you should get a broker, like @nyclife or @Benedetto? But in any case - as I told to @Lvs23, same applies to you. Try to get 15% off or more before rebates on a new one. Loaner should be 20%+, I’d think.

I agree that S90 for $355 was an awesome deal. The car though felt humangous. And that was a big help with Costco rebate to get to than number. Would be great if that would repeat but that’s probably not likely.

True, the design is a old and Inscription Platimum is much better than Dynamic for sure. But how likely to have the one close to $300?

I’ll keep on looking. Thanks for the feedback!

I think you can get it, they need to move them somehow. Or wait for redesigned 2019 S60, built in the USA.

Key factory milestones
• Start construction Jan 2016
• Machine installation Early 2017
• Pre-production car Mid 2017
• Move into plant Late 2017
• S60 production begins Late 2018

https://www.volvocars.com/us/about/our-company/south-carolina-factory

2017 Volvo S60 T5 Platinum Inscription AWD in NY, 36/12k, $8250 in incentives, MSRP of $46,015, zero drive off, for the mid $300’s…does that sound right? When the dealer asks how I built that lease, what’s the current MF/RV I should present to them? Would like to go tomorrow.

I’d ask the RV/MF on edmunds forum. Should’ve get a reply within an hour.
I already asked that but that was for 15k miles. MF May still be same as 0.00001

His numbers will be different for Inscription Platinum.

Yes, there are some incentives which apply to leasing only, some which apply to purchase only and some which apply in both circumstances. Sometimes the amount changes whether you purchase or lease (e.g. in many cases loyalty for Volvo is $1000 on purchase but $500 on lease). When the dealer publishes the price of a new vehicle, you need to see which incentives are included in any published discount. If those incentives are of the “Allowance” variety which you can use for both, you keep them in the discount if you plan on leasing, but if they are of the “Purchase Bonus cash” variety, they are only good for purchasing and need to be removed when computing lease selling price.

Volvo has much stronger incentives for leasing now than purchasing (many other manufacturers are in the opposite direction) - 5750 lease cash vs 2000 purchase cash. If you wanted to buy the car, it would actually be cheaper to lease it, then buy out the lease, because the incentive is greater (especially on the S60 inscription trims).

1 Like

After our back and forth yesterday I asked on edmunds for Instription Platimum AWD to see if that one can be had for close to $300 since Dynamic wasnt a good value:slight_smile:

I posted on the edmunds forum to see what they have to say. MSRP is $46,015, dealer is offering it for $43,525. Where those discounts come from is not specified.

So, I went to Volvo yesterday. We worked on a 2017 Volvo S60 T5 AWD Inscription with 1800 miles (service loaner), MSRP of $44,995, discounted price of $37,995. For a 36/12k lease, I was offered $430 per-month with a total of $1000 due at signing. The price for what the car is (basically fully loaded) was great; however, it was a little out of my budget. We then worked on a 2017 S60 T5 AWD Dynamic with an MSRP of $38,940, discounted price of $29,994 with 4900 miles (service loaner). For a 36/12k lease, I was offered $379 per-month with a total of $1000 due at signing. The salesperson was filling out the buyers order so I could leave a deposit, until I found out this Dynamic trim level did not even come with a backup camera! The salesperson said they could install an aftermarket camera, but the price would go from $379 to $399 and I simply did not think the $20 extra per-month was worth it. I loved the car and felt like I was getting a good deal (if I was willing to swing for the $430 per-month). This also included free maintenance (including wear and tear), NYS inspections, loaners, car-washes, and towing/rescue all through the life of the lease. That offer was exclusive to the dealership. I’m bummed! I guess I’ll have to opt for the 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L that I was quoted $379 per-month, 36/12k, 1st month and DMV due at signing. Fell in love with the Volvo, though. Maybe in 3 years! Thanks for your help.

No, it was bad. Really bad. Also FYI, Volvos come with 3 free scheduled services.