2017 Subaru Outback Lease

Hello All,

Please, let me know if this is a good offer or not. Thank you.

2017 Outback Premium w/ EyeSight
MSRP - 32,272
Sales Price - 30,000 (added $1000 for leather)
MF - .00035
RV - 17,749.60 (55%)
36mo/15k

They’re asking for 1,000 down

Monthly payment of 375/mo

Usrus dream day - the top posts are Volvo and Subaru
Your serve :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why not to get Limited then?
Bad deal, BTW

2018 Limited MSRP $36,859 for $333/mo + tax and fee $0 down, about $1K under invoice

Thanks @Ursus . I really appreciate your reply. I will check and see if I can get a similar offer from the one you posted.

Where are you located?

Charlotte, NC @Ursus

Here is the one I used in calculations in NoVa. They show sales price at about invoice there, so $1K should be easily doable.

http://www.stohlmansubaru.com/new/Subaru/2018-Subaru-Outback-Vienna-b7f4c0dd0a0e0ae867dfbbaf833148f1.htm?searchDepth=3:5

Most of the upgrades going from Premium to Limited were irrelevant to me when I was buying. $1k for leather on a Premium was a better deal, but I suppose that may not translate when leasing.

So if I take Charlotte, NC 's sales tax (7.25%) into account then I’m looking at $376 mo. Is that accurate?

$357/mo incl 7.25% tax
You should also try for about $1.5K under invoice - will give you extra $15/mo. There are also cheaper Limiteds available

So presented the store with the numbers you posted earlier and my incorrect $376/mo. I probably should of waited until you responded, but got impatient. They are willing to match those numbers with the 2018 Limited (all features). I’m guessing I should try and talk them down some more and get closer to $350? Or should I be happy with that current offer?

You should only go by the numbers, not by the final price. Lets say you ask for about $1.5K under invoice instead of $1K: $32,574 selling price based on the same MSRP as above or 11-12% off MSRP on any other price that you can calculate yourself: $341/mo incl tax. Try to shoot for that, should be doable
Calc: RWG Calculator - RIDE with G

Tax on vehicles in NC is 3% (its a “use” tax on the monthly only for leases). You do get hit with personal property tax later (and high dealer fees and low payment shock)

So I should use 3% in the calc? Makes the deal better then - $328/mo

Yes, use 3%. NC can be a great lease state especially if you get pricing competition from states with a cap on dealer fees.

Very helpful :slight_smile: 20 chars

Always wanted to move to NC. …

You can move to VA for 4.15%. But you are forgetting about property tax in both states

The personal property tax is tax deductible and they will drop the tax basis to the actual price you paid as opposed to their internal pricing which maximizes tax revenue (which is close to MSRP). But it does require an appeal.

Same here, but not sure about dropping to the actual paid.