2017 Mercedez C300 Coupe Lease Deal

I should add, dealers are allowed to make a few bucks!

So whatā€™s a reasonable monthly payment for one of these no down of course

Warbeast,

Iā€™ve been working a deal on a C300 coupe recently. For reference the best Iā€™ve gotten was as follows:

36/15,000

$50,000 msrp
$45500 sell price
$602 fees
$3226 sales tax

$49328 net sales price

$28150 purchase option, residual not labeled on this quote. Another dealer gave 56%
.00146 money factor

$0 money down
761 payment
$1363.90 ā€œdue at signingā€ (consists of first month payment & fees/ insurance)

Total lease cost over 36 months appears to be $28760ā€¦ way high, but again this was the initial quote.

So I got to cadillac and get an ATS 3.6 v6 quoted, again roughly a $50,000 car. Cadillacā€™s initial quote came in at $23470 total cost over 36 months. I sent that quote to the 2 mercedes dealers Iā€™ve been talking to and both said ā€œthey canā€™t come close to thatā€

I thought have the fun was haggling and now these 2 dealers donā€™t want to play?

You are comparing apples to oranges. You want MB dealers to match a deal for a completely different brand/model? Maybe the ATS is cheaper because itā€™s in very low demand, thus the manufacturer has to incentivize it more?

You got 9% off msrp. Every dealer here has 13% off in so cal. Your residual sounds right since itā€™s 15k miles.

Bleh wish residual was higher or more discount. The 4 door version has 61% starting vs 59% on coupe

All great points and I donā€™t disagree. That said, Iā€™m currently in an ATS, the mercedes has really interested me and Iā€™d like to give it a try. However, because I work right down the road from a cadillac dealership I decided to let them quote me and see where they are at. MSRP on the cars are identical, but from what I read online yes the ATS is a less popular vehicle.

That said, my line of thinking was the cadillac quote would give me some leverage, but it appears mercedes isnā€™t concerned with cadillac making it an apples to oranges comparison.

Given the situation, Iā€™m in no hurry to buy so now Iā€™m thinking my best move is just to wait a while and then go back to mercedes with what Iā€™ll do, tell them Iā€™m serious about the deal and then wait for them to come around. From what Iā€™ve gathered the C300 could should be at .00106 56% for a 36 month 15000 mile lease, the initial quotes I received have a long ways to go.

At the end of the day, Iā€™m curious as well about what a reasonable payment is on a C300 no money down lease. In my head Iā€™m thinking I should be able to get one with an MSRP with a total lease cost of say $21,500ā€¦ Using the lease calculator, I come up with these numbers. Does this seem plausible?

36/15000
$50,000 msrp
$42,500 sell price - 15% discount, might be optimistic but unsure
$1050 acquisition fee
56%
.00104 - .00010 for enrolling in autopay
7% sales tax on purchase price (in GA so taxed on full amount)
$600 license and fees

Total lease cost of $21,593.

Can someone help review if I am getting a decent deal? I am new so apologies for basic nature of questions. the car is a mercedes gls 300 suv

MSRP 52435
SELLING PRICE 50200
REBATES FLEET 500
NET CAP COST 49700

MF .00146
APR 3.5
RESIDUAL 59%
RESIDUAL VALUE 30,936

LEASE TERM 36

NO OF MSDā€™S 10
TOTAL MSD 6500
EFFECTIVE MONEY FACTOR .00106
MONTHYL 606.68

SALES TAX 1515.34
MSD REFUNDABLE 6500
DOC FEE 258
DMV 330
LUXURY TAX 2001
ACQUISITION FEE 795

Thats not a good deal. Its only a 4% reduction of MSRP. The GLC does not seem to lease very well as dealers are unwilling to reduce selling price much (perhaps based on popularity, at least in the Northeast). You are better offer looking at comparable vehicles that lease a ton better (X3 and NX come to mind). If you insist on this car, I would certainly cross shop that selling price as in my experience most MB dealers will chop 5% off almost any car without any negotiation skills at all.

have already bought into it. looks like its too late and will have to learn from my mistake. problem was the the p3 package was available with only 1 dealer in the northeast with a mbtex interior and he was aware of that fact. had to get the car as we are having a baby in a couple of weeks. i know its done now, but was this a crazy bad deal to get into?

Itā€™s not a good deal but if you like the car who cares.

Most hot deals on here you cannot be picky like how you are.

So donā€™t sweat it since you have the money to pay and in the future if you want a great deal just know you canā€™t be super picky

1 Like

@boy4u69 what is the name of the dealership in Sacramento?

any advice on getting the mercedes benz amex card? should i get it in the last year of the lease to maximise value in terms of the additional 2000 miles waived? or is it better to get it now itself? i already have the car on lease.

@nirav26 this must be glc, right? you canā€™t come close to that on a gls. but iā€™ve been trying to lease a glc and thatā€™s about as far as i can get. where are you?

hi christine, this is in new jersey

Hi All,

I am new to the forums and have been working with a Mercedes dealership here in the LA area. The current deal that I have is the following:

MSRP:48,000
Sales Price: $40,492
Dealer Discount: $7,508
Documentation Fee: $80
Registration Fee: $344
Misc Fee: $11
Tire Fee: $8.75
e-Filing Fee: $29
Smog Fee: :$20
Tax Estimate: $3,550.05
Total Cash:$44.534.80

At 10k Miles
MF: .00138
Residual: 27,840

with 4K down payment is $429 5K Down is $399

Any Thoughts?

Which car are these numbers for? When you say 4k down, do you mean with MSD or just putting that amount down? You should consider autopay and MSDā€™s for sure. More information would be helpful.

Sorry these numbers are for the Mercedes 2017 c300 Coupe
I am not referring to MSD, just one payment down to start the lease
I also agree I will be doing auto-pay which I understand does decrease the month to month payment. Thanks for the reminder I need to specify this with my dealer to factor into the up front cost

If you can afford to put money down, why not just do it as MSD? You get the MSD back at the end of the lease and itā€™ll lower your monthly rate.

Residual is 58% for this month. .00086 is the base MF. Ask your dealer to see if theyā€™ll work that down to the base. If they do, you should be in the neighborhood of around 388 with max MSD (4.5k) If they donā€™t move on the MF at all, with max MSD (Money you get back at the end of the lease) your payment should be $426. I highly recommend going the MSD route but to each their own.

Drive off: $6,280
First monthā€™s payment incl. tax: $426
Down payment: $0
Total MSD payment: $4,500
Registration and doc fee: $480
Tax on cap cost reduction and fees: $79
Acquisition fee: $795

As others have stated, DO NOT put a down payment. Turn that into MSDs. Also, find out what the net cap cost is. If itā€™s $44xxx, they arenā€™t giving you as big of a discount as you think. They shouldnā€™t be charging you sales tax on the sales price, only monthly payment should be taxed.