2017 Mazda CX 9 sport AWD 15000 miles

I’m new to a lease. I got a quote with $3000 trade in 36 months my payments are $445 a month.

Please do NOT sign this lease, it is pretty bad. The trade in is going to skew the numbers (they will make them look better) so best to think about this without the trade in … but no matter how you look at this, even considering 15k miles and Mazda brand, this is very, very far from being a good deal.

Very roughly speaking, with the trade-in, you should be around low $300s + tax

• RV is 63%
  • What is the $617.95 in “accessories” probably some tint or paint protection which is B.S.
  • You are not really getting any discount at all $1,265? Check Truecar.com to see what discounts are in your zip code for this particular car.

So what do you suggest I do? Can I try to negotiate it? If so what should I go back to them with?

Just type CX9 into the search box and then read a lot. It is going to take some work to get a deal and you will need to read a lot. If you don’t want to put in the work, work with a broker but they also need to get paid too. Search the forum also “how to negotiate” - lots of knowledge already written, you just have to search and read

Example deal $40k MSRP, monthly is $384 with $3,500 out-of-pocket and rolling negative equity into the $384 payment

Very bad Deal. That initial offer would make me immediately look elsewhere.

If they expect you to take that deal, you should ask them to show you the math for how they got to that payment. Since they rolled all the fees and taxes into the cap cost and subtracted your trade, it should be fairly straightforward. Essentially, you are paying the difference between the net capital cost and the residual plus “rent” which is referred to in leasing as a money factor, or is similar to interest paid on a conventional loan.

It seems impossible for them to get to that payment.