2017 Lincoln MKC Premiere AWD Lease

Hello,

I’m looking to see if I have a good deal or not. This is the bare-bones MKC, but in AWD. Here’s the quote I got from the dealer:

MKC
MSRP
Selling Price
Incentives/Rebates
~2100
RV 60%
MF .00024
12k/36mth
$379 per month (with 2000 down)
$479 per month (with 0 down)
MSDs: Salesman told me “MSDs don’t work the same way anymore” and that his manager said each deposit would lower the lease by $1.

Is this a good deal or not? Any feedback appreciated.

btw - I live in NJ if that makes a difference

BAD DEAL!
FOR STARTERS THE NUMBERS SEEM OFF. $379 WITH 2000 DOWN MUST BE WITHOUT TAXES AND PROB DMV/DOC FEES. SO YOUR $379 & $2K #S ARE NOT REAL.
ALSO, ARE YOU IN A LEASE NOW? WHAT KIND? WHEN DOES IT MATURE?

@BSANDERS Why do you keep yelling at people? :loudspeaker:

1 Like

bad habit… always type in caps. my bad.

Thanks! My current lease is a 2014 hyundai elantra sedan SE.
Lease ends June 2017
Trade in value is $1890
Buyout is $14280

trade is should be higher than $1890. im assuming you typo-ed there.
that said, your gonna be upside-down on the trade regardless.

The $1890 in remaining payments would be carried over to the new lease. I’m not sure what to call that.

Black Book trade-in appraisal is $9,550 max

Based on this online estimate of a similar MSRP, I’m getting contradicting monthly lease information (this one I’d obviously prefer, and it even includes less incentives as well as the destination charge).

Does $306 per month at $1000 down seem too good to be true?

Says $3,841 due at signing?

From what I understand (not a lease guru): Acquisition fee + Documentation fee would be around $1000. Estimated tax would be around $2000+. So the due at signing price would be combining those.

You’re assuming zero dealer discount by using the MSRP as the cap cost, and $1000 down +$1890 trade-in credit.

So it does seem too good to be true…for the dealer!

Also, if your Hyundai currently has $1890 in remaining payments, a buyout amount of $14280, and an actual value of $9550, then you would be ADDING $1890 to the cost. Not getting an $1890 credit.

Even then, I’m not sure how it would work since the Lincoln dealership would need to pay the full buyout price to get your Hyundai.

Contradicting as you aren’t comparing apples / apples. Most notably you have a “trade-in” reflected reducing the capitalized cost, instead that is for your remaining payments that would increase your capitalized cost, in simple math that’s $105 more per month (or $411/month). Your original quote looks a bit odd as I can’t see why payment would be $379 with $2,000 ($55/month) yet $479 with $0 down.

It seems you are a bit confused with your figures. To avoid confusion, start with just the deal on the MKC (as if you were going to do a straight lease deal). Then have dealer figure in negative equity position on your current lease, that’s about $55/month increase to the straight lease deal).