2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 V8 lease deal NYC

Not worried about the Jeep itself, its the dealer support that is questionable and post sale experience. Hopefully I wont need the dealer too much for service.

Dealer support? What do you mean?

I meant the service side of Jeep, service is horrible, no loaners (most of the dealers) just bad experience in general. You basically pray that your Jeep is flawless so you donā€™t have to go to the dealer for warranty work. I am sure there are good dealers, its just a matter of finding them if you need any type of work done.

I think I can be of service. Just using your numbers on a similar MSRP V-8 Grand Cherokee. Here is the Window sticker:

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4RJFCT5HC819612

MSRP: 55270
Selling Price: 48750
Rebates: $1500 +$1000 conquest
Trade-in: 0
Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: .00006
Residual: %55
Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: $880 (first payment+DMV)
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $573.23
Zip Code: 11379
Sales Tax Rate: 8.875

But we are at the Lease Hacker standard at 39 months

MSRP: 55270
Selling Price: 48750
Rebates: $1500 +$1000 conquest
Trade-in: 0
Months: [39]
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: .00006
Residual: %55
Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: $880 (first payment+DMV)
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $559.89
Zip Code: 11379
Sales Tax Rate: 8.875

Your thoughts?

I think if he doesnā€™t take that heā€™s losing it.

Thatā€™s a definite loser there. Somebody is chasing that volume!

How far are you guys from your number?

Big loser!! But we will do the deal for the volume. That all its about right now. This deal would be worth the drive down from NY.

Certainly - itā€™s Thousands less.

Ok, what am I missing here? at selling price $51215 I am getting $570 payment are you adding fees?
Also, 39 month lease is out of the question, hate to be stuck with a POS and 3 months out of warranty.

edit never mind i misread your post, I am saving $7 a month, question is what are you packing in that deal if anything?> (fees)

Yes, you are right on point. Freight is added back into the price and our processing. Thatā€™s standard practice down here in VA. There is no bump to the rate, which is also standard practice.

Regarding the 36 months and 39 months issue: I understand the warranty point, but I was under the impression that you wanted the option of possibly getting out of the lease early. This is a Chrysler lease, not Ally.

I am trying to get to a payment to earn your business. We are willing to take a bigger loss than your local dealer.

We are a dealer willing to budgeā€¦

I checked your inventory, you have a Black on Black in transit which is my second choice, not a fan of blue interior.
The point i was making about getting out early was only if the car becomes a nightmare and I need to dump it somehow (Ally could be tricky when it comes to that) I wouldnā€™t be intentionally selling it early in my lease. Another and only reason is going with the V8 for better reliability because of the ZF transmission problems in the V6ā€™s (first world problems I know) but Iā€™ve been pampered by German and Japanese cars for the past 15 years with 0 problems and I donā€™t want to change that now. Anyway, your deal is very similar to that of a group buy from Koons however they donā€™t have the configuration in stock only a factory order which again doesnā€™t guarantee a rate lock for next month.

The 8 speed in the GC has been fineā€¦ itā€™s that shoehorned 9 speed they goofball engineered that has the problems.

9 speed has its own issues, its the 8 speed made by Chrysler thats buggy. The 8 speed made for the V8 and Diesels is still supplied by ZF made in Germany, lots of info posted on Jeep forums regarding the issues.

Hmmmā€¦ thatā€™s news to me. Iā€™ve got many friends and family in the GC and they seem to be fine.

Starting with the 2014 there has been a lot of hard downshifts and or no upshift issues with the V6 transmission (845RE). Most likely its the software mapping thats causing this but dealers canā€™t do much more than reset the transmission and update it when possible. We have a 2015 in the family and the shifting is total crap, its fine for one week and then it unexpectedly goes to shit (I donā€™t drive the car). The V8 transmission (8HP70) on the other hand is very nice and smooth, paired with the V8 it makes a nice drivetrain so thats really where I am coming from. I start researching my next car when the lease of my new one begins :slight_smile:

Iā€™m oddly proud of that :smile:

I am in the wrong industry, should be selling cars for a living.

Product knowledge guys never make the money :slight_smile:

True, so very true. LOL

So, I just canā€™t reconcile all of this.

The freight that gets ā€œadded back inā€ is part of the MSRP, correct? If so, before it is added back in, do you use that 1k to show a higher discount? I did quite a bit of shopping, and I did not find removing lines from the sticker all too often.

Also, $795 might be normal in some parts of the country for a ā€œprocessing feeā€ but many would call that obscene. I paid $499 doc fee on mine in NJ and I thought that was crazy.

Iā€™ll let Elliot chime in about the details of the math as I am currently finalizing the deal. But essentially itā€™s a numbers game (probably for internal purpose). Final monthly and out of pocket are the same and as long as they work for me I donā€™t really care how they get there.