2017 Jaguar FTYPE Base

Adopting any children?

Ask if heā€™s married.

My 2 brothers are already PITAs so not taking applications. Prior to these, I sold my old nice car ā€¦ while waiting for a ā€œdealā€, I was driving my dadā€™s old 2006 base model Camry for about 11 months so I just mastered the art of being patient :slight_smile: ā€¦ my youngest brother (the one driving the other Maserati) is not married and taking applications for a girlfriend :slight_smile:

ā€¦ we should look for the guy who got 3

Not crazy but looking like a cool playboy is obviously not on your list of priorities lol. Just kidding. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Just note that Jaguar Financial Services through chase, do not allow lease transfers. Iā€™ve learned that the hard way and now Iā€™m stuck with my FTYPE =(

The deal I got was actually through US Bank but I usually donā€™t swap leases.

Donā€™t like it? What do you find off about the car making you want to get rid of it so soon?

Iā€™ve always adored the looks of the F-Type and getting a killer lease deal is just a cherry on top.

He is tired of the guys always complimenting him on his car and having to fight off the good looking women who want to go on a ride. It gets really tiring after a while and he wants the bliss and anonymity of a taurus.

LOL. I actually do like the car but I switch cars every half a year almost (bad habit, i know). Shouldā€™ve researched into jaguar financial service a little more, but it seems theyā€™re one of the only ones that do not allow lease transfers. Iā€™ve usually been able to get out of old leases with really little loss as people will take over good deals with no incentives. One of the dealers that I leased my m4 from a year back just sent me an unreal quote for an i8 lease. I would feel wasteful having both as I donā€™t think I would really drive the FTYPE anymore and it would sit in the garage for another 2 years.

Trust, me the i8 is a shocking drive. Skinny tyres which under steer all over the place. Battery runs out after 20 mins of spirited driving then you are left with the tiny engine pulling you along.

Yeah Iā€™ve driven one before, definitely doesnā€™t live up to the looks of the car but itā€™s just a solid daily driver for me. I have a z07 so performance and exhilarated driving is covered by that :yum: . FTYPE is my daily at the moment and I just donā€™t have much reason to drive it other than that. The deals on the i8 are literally absurd right now though, i wouldnā€™t be interested but its almost so good that I canā€™t pass it up.

Are the i8ā€™s back to $1k/mo :fearful:

Hurry letā€™s get 2 for the nephews for Christmas!

I am afraid you will need to keep the F type strictly for going to the grocery store and use the i8 for outings to the mall and as daily driver. I am sure your friends and neighbors wonā€™t begrudge you this little extravagance. However, do make sure you keep room in the garage and budget for the upcoming maserati lease deal :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking. Are they sub 1k???

Guys & gals, you have to give @sub28 a break ā€“ who in the right mind would want an F-Type when you can get an i8 ā€“ the horror :slight_smile: ā€¦ definitely keeps you up at night

haha i do not mean to sound like that. I like the F-TYPE but the deal with the i8 is difficult to pass up. I donā€™t think most are sub 1k yet but the local dealer who emailed me needs to get rid of a '16. About $2800 total down (includes fees, 1st payment, etc) and $990 a month. Probably the best deal Iā€™ve seen for a 2016 so far, and thats not even with MSDā€™s! Iā€™m going to try to call Chase later to see if there is anything I can do.

Talking about extravagance - having a Volvo S60 CC and Dodge Ram Big Horn in the same driveway. Do you still have i3? :slight_smile:

I just spoke with Jaguar/Land Rover of NC they cannot come close to the numbers here. Unfortunately it looks like this may be a regionally specific deal.

Donā€™t apologize for your success that allows you to change cars every 6 months :slight_smile: ā€¦ we are just having some fun. For most people, $990/mo for a car lease is still a lot notwithstanding that it is an AWESOME deal