2017 Infiniti Q50 AWD 3.0T - MSRP 46,100 - 308.58 /mth without tax - Zero Down

@MrsMo - Agreed. I took @HN308’s and @Jon’s advice and just got an offer of $34800 (MSRP is $44385 so discount of $9585) from the same dealer who was adamant that he was giving me the all of the incentives. No way!

I plan to kick back with @Ursus’s recommendation of another discount of $300-$400 since TrueCar gets paid by dealers for every referral.

You guys are awesome!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats. VPP should net you another $1250 off I believe.

@HN308 @Jon the email I got was for lease offers way more than I want. So now I will follow your advice and negotiate through email. For the second dealer should I email them also explaining how I got that price?

"I completely understand, when we were on the phone I reference IN3325 instead because it was the Iridium Blue Q50 Red Sport that we have on lease special right now.

I haven’t had an opportunity too meet with my manager on this. I do appreciate that you have done the research on this vehicle. If my manager agrees to a cap cost of $34,000 including all dealer incentives, can we earn your business on this vehicle?"

Apparently e-mail is a woman’s best friend when trying to lease a car, but let’s see what he says after he talks to the manager.

I would be concerned that 34,000 will be gross cap cost.

I did a quick google search and seems like that vehicle has a MSRP of $55115. If they are giving it to you for $34000, you are a way better negotiator than any of us on this forum. :+1:

@clee920 & @MrsMo,

Now that you are having some success with dealers to bite on your offer especially Clee, remember the dealer still has lot more games they can play. So once you have the cap cost you want them to confirm back with all the numbers in writing and make sure that they don’t pad up any of those numbers up and cover it up with some junk fees.
Send this template and tell them to fill it up or ask numbers from them to fill them below so you can calculate the monthly payment on the lease calculator on this site.

MSRP :
Invoice price :
Selling Price :
MF rate :
Residual amt :
Miles / yr :
Months :
Acquisition Fee :
DMV fees :

Note I didn’t tell you to ask for document fees, down payment or any other fees because we never ever pay them and if they insist on charging those make sure to let the dealers know that they are not getting it from you and that you would very well walk away from the sale than to pay any of those fees.

Depending on time of the month they will be non-negotiable, to somewhat willing to work with you, to running behind you to make that last few sales to hit the month end quota.

HN

2 Likes

Really? Don’t know how you get away without paying dealer fees. From my experience, they fight tooth and nail for these since it goes directly to their pocket. You may be able to negotiate partial or even full corresponding amount off the sale price, however.

I have had resistance from dealers about doc fee but I never pay it. I tell them that I have a self imposed rule to not pay any fees and its up to them if they want to loose the sale over those fees as I would gladly move to another dealer to continue my negotiation.

I am so confident to get them removed from my lease calculations at then end, that I don’t even mention it initially when starting to negotiate.

I have not seen a dealer yet who would loose the sale over doc fees.

1 Like

Awesome! I will send out that template for sure!!

He said that the $34, 800 is the gross cap cost. I googled and found this:

“The difference between net capitalized cost (gross cap cost minus cap cost reduction) and lease-end residual value determines the depreciation value of a lease, which is a major component of the formula that calculates monthly payment amount.”

Would you say this is correct?

Good for you, but I think this will only confuse @clee920 and @MrsMo. I do not believe any dealer would leave “Document Fee” field blank or put a $0 in it on the lease contract. Besides, if they are getting all cash incentives totaling $9K, then leaving $100-300 on the table is not really a big deal.

BTW: I would also add “Sales Tax” to your list since it may get confusing if there are taxable incentives.

If they are in CA, doc fee is capped at $80

I agree that they don’t leave it blank but that is at the end of the process where docs are to be singed. I get to the monthly number with taxes based on negotiation and make sure to that it clearly says that as my monthly payment.

They can show what they want in paper work for docs fees and other junk fees on the contract but I never pay it when I sign the paperwork.

I agree that taxes should be added to that template and that there will be some taxes on incentives. I didn’t mention taxes specifically because dealers will not cheat on taxes or pad them up to cover for lost profit elsewhere. The taxes are going to state and they have no reason to charge more on it.

HN.

And they are $75 in NY, or $299 in MD or $599 in VA. I just gave average numbers.

You do pay them, it’s just that dealer plays with the numbers to compensate for these fees. FM still enters doc fees in their system.

They will not cheat, sure. But they sometimes make mistakes, especially for out of state buyers. The reason to know taxes (as well as other numbers you mentioned) before going for the signing is to calculate exact payments yourself, so there is no huge surprise at the dealership when you did not calculate taxes (and as a result monthly payments) correctly.

Offer #1:

MSRP : $46,235
Invoice price : $43,464
Selling Price : $34,700
MF rate : .00036
Residual amt : 51%
Miles / yr : 10K/yr
Months : 39
Acquisition Fee : $700
DMV fees : $451.75

2017 3.0t premium. Driver assistance package, cargo package and premium plus package with splash guards and illuminated kick plates. Pure white; graphite interior

Offer #2

MSRP: $44385
Invoice: $41848
Selling Price: $34800
Money Factor: 0.00006
Residual: 51% ($22636) @ 10k miles per year
39 months
Acquisition fee: $700
License: $355

2017 3.0t premium rwd majestic white, stone interior. illuminated kick plates and splash guards. Just premium plus package.

What is the final monthly you are being quoted for each?

Why there is $100 difference in those? Should be the same. Also not sure why MF is different on the same model? Is #1 AWD?
With these numbers:
1 - $352.69/mo incl. 8.75% tax & acq fee / $324/mo incl acq fee, before tax
2 - $362.49/mo incl. 8.75% tax & acq fee / $333/mo incl acq fee, before tax

The 1st deal would have been much better with similar MF to 2nd deal and it should be same if both are RWD cars. The 1st dealer is giving more discount and covering it up with padding the MF.

@clee920 Now that you have a dealer discounting almost 11.5K you know what to look for going forward. try calling few dealers and ask for 12K below sticker and see if you can get MF which is not padded.

DMV fees is pretty easy to find - Check your local DMV site and it should say about plate and registration costs or if you are transferring your old reg and plates. Just find that number and tell the dealer that this is what you will pay for DMV charges. Again same principals like Doc fees applies here. They are not letting you go for the few hundred bucks they are trying to squeeze out of you there.

Oh, I did not realize these offers were from different dealers. Then my questions about registration fees and MF are off.