2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport lease

Didn’t you get the $224/mo deal for 10K miles per year on the non-premium models? I am referring to premium models which is about $3K expensive than base and also the quote I got is for 12K miles per year? Not sure if $200-$225 is feasible especially at almost no down

People have gotten Infiniti Q50s for only about $40 more a month. No matter how nice it is, it’s still a Hyundai Elantra. When I go to lease an Elantra Value Edition later this month, my goal is $115 a month with $500 due at signing (and this is 15k miles per year). At that price, I could literally get two Elantras for the price of one of yours. I truly think you need to look at other cars, but that is only my opinion

They must have crushed that deal. Base Q50s are advertised for $418 a month at the moment, 36mo, 10k a year. Just to put things in perspective.

Auto or 6mt? I’ve seen MT’s advertised for way cheaper than the auto

That’s like saying a STi is just an Impreza or a R is just a Golf. And people do pay double or close for those

Good replies, both. There’s little in common other than skin between the two vehicles, base to sport.

Mine is a MT. I’d never consider an automatic in a car like this. Rowing is half the fun, and it’s a great unit. But that’s just IMHO.

It’s an auto. I drive 2016 mustang GT now with manual. I test drive manual elAntra sport but couldn’t get the clutch feeling. Felt like the DCT delivered the power better.

This dealer is offering 8500 off a 6mt…and the finance payment isn’t that much more than the lease payment.

But the purchase is for 6 years vs. 3 for the lease, so after 3 years the purchaser is driving a car with 3 year old technology that could be worth less than what is owed, while the leaser is driving a car with the latest tech. Of course, no telling what leasing will be like in 3 years…

You should also be able to stack the 1K uber and the $500 Boost up to the 3K lease cash. With those three items stacked and a healthy discount there are some deals to be had…

For ~$250 per month, there might be other alternatives for the same type of cars. Have you looked into the Civic’s, Corolla’s, Sentra’s or Mazda 3’s? As others have noted, at that price point you are starting to creep into the better quality, better performing car range of leases.

Just an FYI, I test drove all but the Sentra. None touched the performance and handling of the Elantra Sport.

Is anyone actually aware of what the Sport package actually is?

1 Like

I know what you mean Doc. While the base Mazda 3 (200+ a month 36m) is close in price it doesn’t have the power or amenities of the Elantra sport. Guess ppl don’t realize the msrp of the sport is considerably higher and is closer to a Mazda 3gt or fully optioned GLI. I’m still thinking about getting one. But I want to test drive the 6mt

I love the manual on my Elantra Sport. I drive mostly in the city, so the light clutch has been great. It’s the lightest I’ve ever had, but not sloppy. The actual shifter is smoothly mechanical and very…snicky. I’ve yet to miss a gear under hard acceleration.

1st - 3rd - 6th is also very easily done, too. The Sport also has no issues gently pulling away in 2nd.

With Uber and boost up you should be able to be under $200 a month $0 down on this.

What are the residuals/MF for 24 months? If the residuals are high enough and you could stack uber/boostup on top of the 3K lease cash I bet a 24/10 lease would be cheaper

Hyundai doesn’t do 24 months. 36 only.

Is anyone actually still getting 3k lease cash? The best I could find was 2k lease cash in Maryland (NJ, PA, NY, DL, are all only 1k).

I just got a quote.

Residual is: .0001
MF is: 53%

Anyone have suggestions for a nicer car alternative. It’s a Hyundai and I don’t want to pay more than $200, but even with Uber, boostup, etc. I am not sure I can get this below $200. I want the premium package if I am going to do it.

See attached for my current deal (although dealer is saying $239 a month w/ 0 down)

I’m getting 3500 lease cash building one out on the hyundai website. I’m in south central PA.

Yeah, I see. It doesn’t show up anywhere else though which is odd… Everywhere else states only $1000 or $2000

Might be worth waiting another month for you. Manufacturers are going to have to do something to move all these sedans nobody is buying. The Sonata is heavily rebated for sale now as the refreshed 18’s are coming out this summer. Problem is Hyundai clearly wants you to buy instead of lease right now. You can puchase a Sonata limited right now for around $310/month.