2017 Honda Clarity Electric (36 mo/20K) for $199/mo with $899 due (not including taxes, registration and fees) CA and OR residents only

That’s probably why they offer 20k miles, because with that range most people probably won’t get close to it. The car being discussed in this thread is for the all electric version. They are releasing a plug-in hybrid version next month, supposedly (47mi electric range). That one is like the Chevy Volt, has a small electric range but can also run off gasoline as a hybrid. No lease numbers yet on that version. I would imagine it would be higher than the all electric version.

My wife and I leased one about 2 weeks ago. It’s 100% pure electric. The backseat does not recline, but it can fit 3 adults just fine. My wife’s round trip from work is roughly 80 miles. The car usually says it has 29 miles left. When I plugged into our Juicebox, on avg, it fills up about 20 kwh. The rated battery on the Clarity is 25.5 kwh. That leaves her about 5.5 kwh left. Granted this is just normal 65-70mph driving, no carpool access yet since we don’t have HOV stickers yet. Our Clarity is avg 5.1 to 5.3 miles per kwh. 150 miles/day? I don’t you going to make without some recharging.

If you have access to fast DC charger, it will charge from 0% to 80% in 30mins. Level 2 charging takes 3.5hrs from empty.

1 Like

gluck… there are 3 versions of this car, the fuel cell version (only avail in CA), and has a wait list of over 1 yr in SoCal, and about 6 months in NorCal,
the electric only version, available right now…Both these versions are only avail for a set price non negotiable lease (20k miles).
The plug in hybrid is available for purchase, but not yet, Dec 1st.
The electric only version has some 80 odd miles of electric only range, the PHEV version coming in December has approx 47 electric only range, then the gas kicks in for another 250 or so from memory.
Fuel cell version has great range…over 300 per tank, but is only for lease including the hydrogen credit card for 15,000 dollars worth of hydrogen, and the 20k miles.
Interesting thing…what happens to those leases after the 3 yrs is up? Do they take them and trash them like the 90s electric cars?
Hydrogen isn’t price effective as a viable option right now, so Honda is paying for it in the hopes the infrastructure is set up better and becomes viable…then i am sure the cars will be available to buy at lease end…but its a gamble by Honda I think.
I do love the fuel cell version, but am going the PHEV…to buy not lease, purely because the payments are not going to be too much more than the leased fuel cell version, and it gives the full 7.5k tax rebate…making a lot more attractive than leasing and spending close to the same amount but not getting that.
For me, I get free charging at work, so I believe fuel running costs as a daily commuter will be tiny for me

Was it the same leasing number 2 weeks ago? I haven’t try to fully depleted the battery yet. Is there any break in period ? When I first take delivery, the range shows on the car says 72 miles, and now after 3 days it shows 81 miles.

Actually this isn’t like what Hyundai is doing with Ioniq EV at all. Every Hyundai dealer is SoCal are jerks. NONE of them would honor the Unlimited miles program stated on Hyundai’s website. That’s assuming they even knew about the program. The one’s that did, we’re all asking above what was advertised price. Hyundai says on the website it’s easy haggle free experience. That couldn’t have been farther from the truth.

Hey skyline31518, yes your leasing number we’re the same as mine except I didn’t know about recent grad deduction. I wouldn’t have qualified for that anyways. After all our rebates, my monthly payment comes out to roughly $166/month. Our sales rep didn’t mentioned anything about a break in period. Then again there’s no maintenance except maybe tire rotation. If there is something wrong it’s covered by the warranty. My wife told me the other day she actually looks forward to driving the Clarity, even in SoCal traffic.

Thanks guys for your great inputs :slight_smile:

True, there’s only tire rotation every 5,000 miles which cost less than $20 i’ll say. Does your HondaLink app shows your tire pressure? mine only shows the battery and start the climate control, no tire pressure monitoring. Yea, I love to drive my Clarity too! now I’m just trying to find the right hole plug for the front license plate. On Honda’s website it look so clean without a license plate mount in the front. Eventually I want to drive it down to LA, test if I can make it for this 350 miles trip. DC Fast charging on highway 101 is everywhere so we shall see. So far I don’t see any Facebook Group for Clarity Electric, maybe I should make one so people who has it can share their own experience with the car.

I can’t even get our HondaLink app to even work. After I enter the VIN, it keeps asking me for 4 digit pin to activate features. How did you find your pin? I called Honda Link help desk number and I kept getting passed from department to department. No one seemed to know what to do. Wow, your brave driving down to LA :slight_smile:

Wow, that does suck… At least Honda now stepped up :slight_smile:

Does anyone know whether this Clarity electric lease deal will be temporary or is it a permanent change in the lease structure for this car?

I thought you set your own PIN? try a 4 digit code that you use often so you don’t forget.Honda’s system is super old. It’s using Android 4.2 system and the car itself even have an airplane mode!! xD The HondaLink is super buggy, I spend half of day today finally to get it to work. The only way that you can find out how many battery % left is using the phone app looks like down below. Honda’s infotainment system is so old and confusing very unclear. Let me know if you need more help!

No one knows. It was $2000 more couple weeks ago. That’s why I didn’t consider it. Now it’s so cheap yet I don’t bother to ask for more discount. I know people prob want $79 car and waiting. but I think you can’t find anything else on the market with this kind of quality of interior + feature. This offer will stay the same until the end of the year, so take your time to shop around December. But they do run out fast so you might want to put a $100 deposit on one of them at mid December if you can’t lock down other lease.
Did you go test drive them both?

Anderson Honda(NorCal) is where I got mine from, sales person is Jerod Jones. Super nice person, talk nothing like sales person but a tech savvy. Never push me to make my up my mind. Text him after hour, he will always reply my message. Highly recommended!

I didn’t know this was possible. Is this dealership specific?

I test drove the electric…what is the other one?

Thanks! But I’m in SoCal, near Pasadena…

I talked to Sierra Honda - Frank Gray, hes a pretty cool guy. regardless which dealership you go to. The number will be all the same. So just pick the car color and interior color. any dealership will be fine.

The Bolt.

I think they just started to doing this since they run out pretty quickly.

Can you apply is the $2500 CA rebate, or is that included in the low pricing?

Yes you can! that’s why at the end it’s around $166 a month.

I leased ours from Weir Canyon Honda in Yorba Linda. Matt Refaie was really cool. No pressure at all. He took his time and went over all the features of the car. It really doesn’t matter where you go as Honda has fixed the pricing on lease. As long as you can find a dealer that has one, they should all be the same price. Skyline31518 got an extra $500 off for recent grad. Congrats on graduation.

Thanks for this info, Honda sales rep guy.