2017 highlander Limited RV and MF eastern PA

Hi Folks
New to this forum and joined specifically for getting some insights into a dealer pushing a deal but keeps changing the RV every time and giving run around for Tier1 MF of 2.96. It doesnt seem to be right since I thought RV is predetermined by the manufacturer and is non-negotiable. I am going to sign a 36 months lease so just want to make sure I have a best deal. the last cost of the car is 40,390 and residual is 25124.
Can any of you lease stalwarts help me here?
Much obliged

If the dealer is going through TFS, The RV changes quarterly and the last change was around July 5th. The MF can change monthly. The dealer is able to mark the rate up too so most likely that is what is happening. I don’t have the buy rates (before mark up) or RV in front of me but I will look it up on Monday. What term and mileage band are you looking to lease?

Members 1st is a Credit Union that leases in that area and should have a better payment on most Highlander trims right now. If you are interested, I can send you a list of dealers that can lease through them as well.

Do you know if any credit unions in Michigan are doing this right now?

On a side note. @RVguy… do you lease or purchase?

@fredrigo yes Michigan State University FCU does and anyone in the state can join. I answered the other question in another post. Search for “ask a leasing insider” and its about halfway down the thread.

1 Like

Thanks. I like the Highlander but the RF in the winter was much better.

What dealer in pa? What was your selling price? Thanks

@rvguy yes that would be great. do let me know which dealer are going through members 1st.
In addition , if you could help me with the residual value of the Highlander Limited 36/10K

The problem was that when the first time they offered me they went from 44725 MSRP and they used a cap cost of 42400 with 2.96MF and payments 781. Well then I was called into the Principal’s office (General manager) and I told him that i have offers with lot less from LR and GLE, this is Highlander. he immediately went from 42400 cap cost to 40399 with MF 2.19 and I was watching his screen and he manipulated the RV (couldnt tell you what he changed it to) and the payments came to 567 . Thats a little over 200 bucks difference with just takig 2K off of capcost from the first offer. That told me that there is something fishy.
(sorry for too many details)

Conicelli Toyota in Conshohocken PA. but I am going to use that to connect with other people in the area. but I am in there to learn

Something fishy? That just sounds like negotiating. Are you sure they changed the RV? If so, then he probably changed the terms (miles or months or different bank) as that’s the only way the RV can change.

The RVs for the Highlander 4WD Limited trim look like this for both Members 1st and TFS in the state of PA:

Members 1st
36/15k: 61%
36/12k: 63%
36/10k: 64%

TFS
36/15k: 59%
36/12k: 61%
36/10k: Not Available

The list of Toyota dealers that you can use to lease through Members 1st in PA are:

Aubrey Alexander Toyota (1324 N Susquehanna Trail, Selinsgrove, PA 17870)
Bobby Rahal Toyota of Lewistown (425 Electric Ave, Lewistown, PA 17044)
Del Toyota (2945 E Lincoln Hwy, Thorndale, PA 19372)
DIamond Toyota (1509 Quentin Rd, Lebanon, PA 17042)
Faulkner Toyota of Harrisburg (3400 Paxton St, Harrisburg, PA 17111)
Fitzgerald Toyota (1436 Lincoln Way E, Chambersburg, PA 17201)
Freedom Toyota of Harrisburg (6060 Allentown Blvd, Harrisburg, PA 17112)
Freedom Toyota of Hamburg (41 Industrial Dr, Hamburg, PA 19526)
Joel Confer Toyota (120 Clinton Ave, State College, PA 16803)
Lancaster Toyota (5270 Manheim Pike, East Petersburg, PA 17520)
New Holland Toyota (524 W Main St, New Holland, PA 17557)
Performance Toyota (4681 Penn Ave, Sinking Spring, PA 19608)
Peruzzi Toyota (2601 Bethlehem Pike, Hatfield, PA 19440)
Sloane Toyota of Malvern (593 Lancaster Ave, Malvern, PA 19355)
Team Toyota of Glen Mills (1050 Baltimore Pike, Glen Mills, PA 19342)
Tri County Toyota (15 D and L Dr, Royersford, PA 19468)

1 Like

@RVguy wow this is great information. many thanks for this info however is it possible to ask for a MF on TFS and Member 1st?

Once I get some hard numbers from them, i will share that with you.

yeah jon, thats exactly what I thought, i will lease it from him but he has to be a little more open with his numbers. In response to my email asking for hard numbers , he asked me to call him. I guuess he doesnt want to put numbers in an email
Am I correct in assuming tthis?

@salsleaseprep The best rate for Members 1st is 0.00131. TFS is 0.00225.

Thank you so much. with number from members 1st there is a huge difference in total cost of ownership over 36 months with not only lower MF but also higher RV.
i have a call set up with one of those dealers you mentioned above and seems like they do have the color and trim we like. Just the matter of how much they are going to bring the cost down to.
from MSRP 44725, what do you think would be a right number to give them. I want to come below 40K in around 38500 to 39500 range ?

I think 12-14% off of MSRP on the Highlander is optimistic but use that list to see if any of those other dealers can compete against one another for your business.

@RVguy sorry this is a little off topic. Would you be able to provide the RV and MF for a 2017 land cruiser from TFS and Members 1st? I am located in PA and there are several dealers near me that from your previous post work with Members 1st. thanks in advance.

@trd2005 Sure what term/mileage are you looking for? TFS only goes to 12k but Members 1st does 10k.

@RVguy thanks. I was looking at 36 mo with 12K.

@RVguy Actually can you provide the 10K numbers from M1st too?

Members 1st: 0.00131
36m 12k: 58%
36m 10k: 59%

TFS: 0.00225
36m 12k: 59%
36m 10k: Not Available

The 36m 12k Members 1st lease (assuming the top credit tier and using the buy rate) should be around $100-120 less per month on this vehicle.