2017 Genesis G90 lease deal

Love this car but I’m new to leasing and still trying to get a handle on things:

2017 Genesis G90 5.0 Ultimate

MSRP $70,650
Factory Special Financing Offer -$9,250
Conquest -$1,500
Acq Fee $750
Adj Cap Cost $60,650
36/12
$0 down

$799/mo

I don’t know MF or residual. Right off the bat I know the monthly payment can’t be that great since it’s >1% of MSRP. Thoughts?

What is the residual and MF? Better cars for that money probably.

This deal looks to assume 0 discount from the dealership off of the sales price. I would start there!

I agree, make the dealer give a healthy discount too. I’d also ask them to kick in 5 of the $500 dealer coupons. I would think they’d be looking to get this re-branded vehicle out on the road.

Leasing a $70K Hyundai for $800/mo? Even at $600/mo I’d take a BMW for that much money.

5 Likes

Glad to see this here, I’m going to piggyback a bit.

I’m interested in seeing what numbers people can get for the G90. The inventory levels on these seems to be really low (brand new car) so maybe that has an impact on the current pricing…but I was hoping to see some real aggressive lease deals on these. I haven’t seen that yet.

All of the reviews that have come in have been very positive but I’m not sure I can justify a $600-$700 monthly lease payment on a Genesis. I think I have seen 2 or 3 places online where people are leasing these for right around $800. That strikes me as way too high.

MSRP of 70k, factory deal takes 9k right off the top, 1500 conquest…what else can the dealer do in order to knock that $799/month number down? The Factory incentive already took 9k off the MSRP, how much do you think the dealer will/can take off the price on top of that? A few thousand? Would that be done via dealer coupons or would the dealer take some more $ off the price of the car and then add in dealer coupons on top of all that. Maybe you are looking at about 55k or so at that point? This is kind of what I had in mind if I was going to consider the G90 over a more proven brand.

Thank you for the replies. I drove the car, I think it’s great. Unfortunately it’s more car than I need at the moment so I’m leaning toward the G80. The 36/12 lease offered on the base G80 is a little over $500/mo with $0 down. From what I’ve come to understand, that isn’t a good deal at all. I’m assuming I should be shooting for around $425/mo or maybe even less? In a couple years I might trade up for the G90.

If you are comparing the G80 (before rebranding) deals from a couple months ago, those have ended. When Mfr rebates, MF and residuals change (and not in your favor), there is only so much discounting a dealer can do

If you think 800 is bad for the G90, Lincoln sales guy said some Continentals are going for 900 a month.

I am aware those 2016 Hyundai Genesis deals were different (and much better) than what’s available now. While a G80 lease may not be the best lease deal out there, I am a little particular about what I’d like to drive so I’m not opposed to paying a little more for the car I want.

Well said, to each his own - enjoy your car!

I inquired with the salesman about the MF for the G80. He sent me this worksheet that had already been filled out for the car, it was a deal they had put together for another customer I presume. What a terrible deal! lol

Keep in mind you shouldn’t assume the MF on the worksheet is the Base. Dealers can be allowed to mark it up.

It’s now April and the cars are more readily available.

For a G90 Ultimate I’m being offered a MF of .00066 and a residual of 46% on 15k per year for 3 years along with a Geneses rebate of $10,250.

1 Like

What’s the monthly payment?

1 Like

Where are you getting these numbers? Any rebates like that on the g80?

From a local dealer here in San Jose, California at Capitol Hyundai

I didn’t ask about the G80 as I prefer my current Genesis over the G80 and I’m only interested in the G90. Perhaps posting that question in the G80 Thread would be a good idea.

Looks like it’ll be around $800. There’s still some negotiation to be done.

If you check out the Genesis Forum there are people posting their lease deals on there too.

The incentives for leasing a 2017 G90 are 9250 lease cash, 1500 either conquest or loyalty, 500 mil and 500 grad, also open a boost savings account with 500 and they will match 500 after the 30 day minimum is met. I was quoted in NC RV 45% for 12/36 and a money factor of .0001 but I am convinced the dealer was not quite on the ball. That said the only real deal is for a g90 is one time lease payment on 12/36 and then purchase. With this scenerio you can but a 70K msrp car for around 54/55K. They give a MF discount of .0004 for one time pay I was told.

OMG!!! Run!!! That is a robbery!!!