2017 F-Type R Help

Yeah, make sure you don’t even begin to talk about monthly until you’re getting ready to sign. They’ll try to talk monthly payments all day long, but keep it exclusively about discount off MSRP, RV and MF.

Yeah definitely.

Right now most dealerships are basically rolling in the Jaguar manufacturing incentives into their “discount”.

I had a dealership confirm the other day that there were $14,900 in Jaguar incentives that were being applied to one of their R models. Coincidentally, this is exactly how much they were taking off of the MSRP!

In other words, they aren’t taking anything off of the MSRP on an outgoing 2017 model that has likely been sitting on their lot for months

I feel ya.

The good news is since you know the exact amount of the rebates, you can talk % discount off MSRP before rebates and incentives. That’ll give you some big leverage since they won’t be able to screw with you once you nail down the selling price and apply the incentives.

It takes a lot of patience. And often times dealerships who play hard will eventually come around. Though you’re definitely working against the clock cause I can’t imagine 2017s will be supported much longer. You may have to expand your search to include the S and SVR.

Hey guys, I read somewhere on this forum that March end (3/31) is Jaguar’s fiscal year end. Does this mean March is a good month for landing F-type lease deals?

Given they should be more incentivized to move those old 2017’s.

Was this for March or February incentives?

I actually received that particular quote on March 1. But the salesperson did mention that they were based off of February incentives and subject to change.

Ugh. I know. I am trying to be patient and let my broker try to work his magic but every day I do a search and there are fewer and fewer R’s available. I am worried that I am going to wait too long and miss out on them.

Have started looking at 2017 S models as well.

Have an offer for a 96.3k convertible
39 month/15k miles

Here is what he gave me:

MSRP: 96.3K
Discount: 19486.86
Rebate: 2000
Adjusted price: 74.8k
taxes and fees: 5905 (6.25% Texas sales tax on entire vehicle is most of this)
dealer handling fee: 497
net price: 81.5k

nothing down but first payment = 1016/month
2500 + first payment = 948/month
5000 + first payment = 881/month

money factor is marked up a bit to .00066

Thoughts?

ouch! I’d rather lease a MBZ S coupe for that monthly price.

Ugh. Is it still that bad? Keep in mind that I live in Texas so I am automatically having to pay 3 grand or more because of our stupid tax laws.

I don’t think you’ll find an S-Class Coupe for $1k/mo, but I agree this sure isn’t the best F-Type deal we’ve seen here.

I seriously don’t know what else to do. I have contacted just about every dealership in the country that has remaining 2017s. I have hired a broker. I have tried negotiating down the price to something that even remotely resembles what people are getting on here. Nothing seems to be working.

Just get a Challenger Hellcat at $600-$700 range…

I don’t want a Challenger Hellcat :confused:

Lol just go test drive one at least :+1:

Keep in mind that March is the end of the fiscal year for Jaguar… as the month goes on, those pencils will tend to sharpen if you show real interest. Also, Jaguar will have to end lease support for '17s at some point, so they may have these sitting when that happens.

Yeah definitely. The problem is that there are fewer and fewer units available each day. It is sort of a game of cat and mouse. The longer you wait for the dealerships to lower their prices, the more likely they are to be sold. Already have had a couple of units I was in a discussion on be sold.

My biggest concern is waiting too long and being stuck with nothing.

I can already tell you that dealer is a nightmare and if you’re working with Cedric, you’re going to hate your life throughout the entire process. He/they don’t know any of the numbers are it’s like trying to buy a car from a 5 year old.

1 Like

Na it isn’t Cedric. Not sure what to think of this guy yet.

Either way, still hoping to get my R in which case it won’t matter! :crossed_fingers:

So dealer is insisting that the residual is one thing while the experts on edmunds are saying it is another thing. Is there a way to look it up myself? I don’t know if the dealer is making an honest mistake or trying to pull a fast one on me.