2017 F-type Base Coupe $418 a month $0 down

Ya he got hosed. Salesman not gonna make it to Europe but probably a nice stateside vacation, take the kids to Disney or something.

2 Likes

A salesman taking his kids to Disney at the expense of a rich guy here who didn’t do research seems fine to me.

4 Likes

Haters, did you notice that this deal is on a premium not base model? :wink:

tried getting the ftype base this past weekend but was turned away because my “auto credit” is too low (because this is my first finance/lease). Is this some dealer bs or real?

My normal experian/transunion is 720 and i have no debt. The expected payment would not really make a dent on my debt to income so i am safe there too.

Super annoying that it took a credit hard pull for them to realize this when i was explaining all of the above before the credit app…

Why would they not want to sell you a car?

The lender determined you were a bad fit in their eyes.

Did you notice the MSRP on premium is $5k more? So he paid every penny of it.

1 Like

Yeah, and the residuals and money factors are worse on the premium than the base. That’s the point. He got a $8,000 better car than a base. Follow the bouncing ball.

Edited to say that the residuals on the premium were never as competitive as the base. That may have changed this month and OP hasn’t really posted anything other than his monthly and what was paid at signing. Perhaps the CCR is a hackr no no, but the deal is pretty much ahead of any other premium deal seen on here before.

This is my first time considering a Jag let alone an F-type, are deals usually in this ball park for the lower trim models? Or are deals like this just unheard of?

Those are their advertised deals. $389 is also $5000 down, which we know people have negotiated down by thousands. I’m guessing they’d also negotiate down the premium from that rate. But enjoy the car.

Just to add more details, the $5,000 is not just CCR but includes tax, title, first payment, etc. Here’s the fine print from The dealer’s website: “Lease for only $439 per month+tax. $4,999 Total Due at Signing Including 1st Payment, Tax, Title and License Fees, Security Deposit Waived. 7,500 Miles Per Year, 0.30c Excess Mileage Charge. 36 Months.”

Just signed the papers tonight. A local dealer was willing and matched the deal SMG had posted on their website of $2000 out of pocket at signing (not a penny more) and $399/month plus tax for a 36/10.

FYI. I was told they wouldn’t do that deal anymore and as a courtesy not to mention the dealers name. But it doesn’t really hurt to ask around if anyone is interested, there are only so many dealers in SoCal.

1 Like

Rear view camera?

Seems annoying to not have basic things for a 3 year ride paying brand new. But the car is damned sweet enjoy

Congrats! Did they eat the 2.5 months on your bimmer like we talked about?

No, I actually found a family member to drive it for 2 months so it all worked out in the end. haha.

1 Like

Yes we noticed that his cap cost reduction is more like 3500, which is another 100 a month. So he gets the premium model for around 539 plus tax. What this means is that Jag is now doing deals on the premium model that does not involve financing with us bank, in other words, should be more widely replicable. I would not be surprised if people get 450 a month for premium models by end of this month

$450/month in May doesn’t seem likely since the residual is about 6 to 8% lower and the MF is about double the base model which is where the deals are at (still). So it isn’t the discount that needs to change (increase) but the residuals and MF have to move in the right directions (up and down, respectively) to get a lower monthly payment.

I’m from Seattle too. Single with no kids etc though and was wondering what deal you were able to mock up for the F type. If it’s under $500/month I’d love to connect with your rep if you don’t want to take it.

Alex, it looks like you got a great deal, but using the numbers you provided, I’m not able to calculate how you got a monthly payment of $418.

Am I missing something?

His $1699 drive off includes a down payment of ~$650. Use that number in the calculator. The tax rate is around 8.75%. License fees around $450. Also note that the monthly payment posted is before taxes.

Thanks Masterblaster! After playing around with the leasehacker calculator, I realized that my calculations on my Excel sheet has been wrong all this time! I didn’t realize that residual value was based off of MSRP, not cap cost.