2017 Countryman S All4 - MSRP: 41500 - $8000 Discount

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2017 MINI Countryman S All4]

MSRP: [$41500]
Selling Price: [$34500]
Rebates: [$500 Corporate Fleet, $500 Loyalty]
Trade-in: []

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [10,000]

MF: [0.00152] <- Come on! Bring back the MSD program!
Residual: [61%]

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [First month + Doc Prep $380 + DMV $200 + Tire/Battery $8 + Acquisition fee: $925]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$377]

Zip Code: [19401]
Sales Tax Rate: [9%]

Leasehackr Score: [9.7]

I am planning on signing tomorrow after work, and will try to lower the Doc Prep and DMV fee. Also, I will try to lower the selling price $1000 more. Hopefully possible. :slight_smile:

I haven’t seen the car in person yet, but based on the VIN decoder, this car has been on dealer’s lot since March 2017, and it only has 20 miles. I am sure there is a hidden story behind so I will try to find out tomorrow when I get to see it.

Any tips on how I can lower the Doc Prep/DMV and $1000 additional on the selling price?

How do you manage to lower the DMV? DMV is a fixed cost they cannot change that. If you want a better deal than they will probably lower the sales price. However, for a new model it looks like you got a pretty good sales price already. As for the doc, it is sometimes negotiable not all the time. I’d focus on the sales price not on the fees to get a better deal.

Ahh OK. I thought I could lower both since those fees are quite higher than other dealers. I will target $1000 less on the selling price. If it works, then $8000 total off on a new model.

Doc fee maybe, dmv no.

UPDATE: I was able to get $8000 total off from sticker, but I walked away - because the dealer weren’t truly honest with me on disclosing all the numbers. They first quoted me with 0.00152 MF, and then marked it up after they appraised my trade-in.

It was dark out, so I told them we can start the paperwork, however I will not sign the contract until I can see the car during daytime.
The dealer was forcing me to put $500 deposit in to start, so I walked.

According to the zip, you’re not far from me. Curious, which MINI dealer?

https://www.miniofsterling.com/AmazonTestDriveEvent.html