2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 4WD Double Cab Z71 for $177/mo

Just like the title says, 2017 Chevy Silverado Double Cab 4WD Z71 for $177/mo, 24 months with 10k mi/yr.

Now, this is using GM Employee discount (GMS) and GM lease loyalty, on top of the Chevy bonus tag and additional dealer discounts. I got this deal done for my dad this afternoon, so I don’t have the exact numbers for cap cost and residual, but you can get the idea:

MSRP - $44,475
Cap cost: ~$31,200
Residual: ~$28,200
Total due at signing: $850 ($177 first month payment, $500 taxes on rebates, $150 doc fee, $23 transfer plates)
Monthly including 6% tax: $177

Normally I’m like all of you on here, hootin and hollerin for the residual, money factor, breakdown of rebates and selling price under invoice. But the local domestic auto dealers here in metro Detroit perform all kinds of vudu magic to get prices down, especially with the latest Chevy Bonus Tag deals.

The local newspaper ad listed a slightly different vehicle for $167/mo plus tax, but of course it was sold by the time I called the dealer. They found a similar vehicle and honored the ad price, assuming we qualified for all the terms. My dad is happy because his 2015 Silverado lease on basically the same vehicle is $220/mo, so he appreciates the extra savings of $43/mo.

Message me if you are looking for a deal in the metro Detroit area (not sure if I can post the dealer name or not)

4 Likes

I’d say you got one heck of a deal.
A loaded 4X4 for the price of an economy car.

I’m sure your dad will enjoy his new ride !

This deal makes me sad. I’ve never seen anything close to this. Do you know how much the employee discount was?

1 Like

Why would it make you sad ? Full sized trucks have high RVs. Plus evidently he got some good rebates/discounts etc. All of it combined for one low lease price.

And for what it’s worth the employee discount on that truck is around 9-9.5% of MSRP.

Also for what it’s worth the Motown area dealers (not just GM) always seem to have various lowball deals for those eligible for employee pricing. I suspect that some targeted dealer cash plays a part here.

Haha. Just because once I see deals like this I want to try to replicate it but in Upstate NY trucks like this go for 300+ with 3k down. I’ve still got a while before my lease is up so maybe the deals will continue to get better.

I sell at a chevy store. Had one go today. 4x4 5.3l v8 with a double cab 1500. All star package with remote start and dual climate control. $255/month at full boat. 46000 dollar truck. Silverado double cabs on FIRE… also this is lansing mi

1 Like

What’s the 24 mo residual and MF on 2WD and 4WD? Rebates $$?

Hi guys if anyone hears of any deal close to this in California , please let me know I’d jump on that instantly, I currently have a Toyota lease and Chevy lease . Please message me with any great deals on full size trucks.
Thank you

Hey buddy what state are you located In.

Why don’t you PM ChevyPhil (Northern Calif) or ChevySalesGirl (Southern Calif) on this forum. They are in the know and would get you a skinny deal. You won’t know until you ask.

This is a good deal!

Is this what you actually qualify for or did the salesperson throw this in for you?

I qualified for it. Since 75% of the people in metro Detroit work for the Big 3 or a supplier, it’s not hard to find a friend or relative that can provide a discount code.

However, sometimes they do offer employee discounts. Nissan, for example, is providing their employee discount to everyone in Michigan this month (VPP-A plan).

And who had the GM lease loyalty ? Was that you or your father ?

Even if you don’t qualify often times the dealer can make it happen because they know someone who doesn’t use all their discounts.

Are we suggesting that some dealers do the fraud thing ?

My dad, since he was replacing his current Silverado lease which ends next month. But it just needs to be any Chevy/GM lease in the household.

I am sure some do.

I also believe often times employees get a certain number of deals they can pass around to Friends and Family.

It seems that dealers can go deeper than employee discounts all the time. Especially if they are chasing a volume number. I think the employee price is kicked back to them and they make a little money despite the sales price.

GM Employee deals are available to the extended family - yes. For friends it doesn’t work

I get GM employee pricing but often can do better as I have a GM credit card (with rebates and incentives) that can’t be used with an employee deal. The last 4 GM cars I have bought were without employee pricing. Also some incentives available to a dealer sometimes don’t work (Don’t stack) with employee deals.

You are right though in that employee pricing is often not the best deal available.