2017 Chevy Bolt Premier Lease

Don’t mind at all. Among the numerous forms I signed was a “GM Incentive and OnStar Agreement” that listed all the incentives I received.

The amounts that had an associated code were:

• $1,250
  • $3,250
  • $500
  • $500
  • $500

Then a grand total of:

• $8,494.18 (it’s $8,494.18, not $8,494.19 sorry for the confusion!!)

That amount ^ ($8,494.18) was listed as the “amount due at signing” on the contract. The incentives covered the ADAS. I literally just signed my name (over and over, haha!!) and drove away. MY first payment will be due next month, then 34 more after that.

The sales price was $41,744.51.

2 Likes

Shocked at $1000 tint job. After negotiating a great deal on the car, I assume that’s how much a good tint job should cost. I’ve been thinking of getting my Bolt done but thinking more like $300. Is $1000 the right price?

It all depends on the tint, haha!!

There are various levels of quality, heat rejection, etc. I was looking for maximum heat rejection, which usually means going with ceramic film. The dyed films are much cheaper, but only offer limited heat rejection with anything other than super-dark “limo tint” (like 5%). You could do limo on the back windows, but you’d be taking a chance with it on the fronts, and there’s no way you could run that on the windshield.

Besides, I like a “medium” tint all around, (I went with 45%), and after the positive experience with windshield film on my Smart EV, I knew I wanted it on that huge Bolt windshield too, haha!! So 45% all around, 70% on the windshield. Also, there are 7 windows on the Bolt, plus the windshield (total of 8).

Within ceramics, there are more levels of quality. 3M Crystalline is probably the top film in this category.

Spectra PhotoSync goes beyond that. The level of tint changes depending on solar intensity. Darker when there’s more sun, lighter at night, etc. Even the “clear” (70 or 75%), which is installed on the windshield, has amazing heat rejection. On the Bolt, the windshield is slanted and huge (might be the source of the trouble with the Light Ash interior and glare??).

With an EV, it’s all about energy efficiency. So, the less heat you have pouring into the interior, the better your range if you’re running the climate control.

(BTW, I’m not a hypermiler…I believe in using an EV just like an ICEV. I use the A/C when it’s hot, the heater when it’s cold, the defroster when there’s frost, etc.)

After the tint, the next variable on cost is labor. Extreme Autowerks isn’t the least expensive shop by a long shot, but I’ve never seen a better install job than what Bing and his crew do.

As an example, there are no seams on any of the widows, even the windshield. That takes skill and experience. They only use deionzed water. There were no bubbles, specks, or voids. And as I said above, you literally couldn’t tell they’d been in the car, save for the tint on the windows. That’s huge for me.

You see all sorts of super high end cars in their shop, but they treat every car with the same care. That’s something I’m williiig to pay for.

BTW, I’m not affiliated with Spectra or Extreme Autowerks (other than being a totally satisfied customer)

All of the above: IMHO, YMMV, etc :smile:

2 Likes

Sounds like they did an amazing job, but too rich for my blood, especially for a car that I will be returning after 3 years.

I am getting Rayno Phantom 5’s installed for $350 each car including the windshield. This guy doesn’t have the S7 or the S9 though.

They are ceramic, but of course not the same quality as the Spectra.

Kudos on the deal and for detailed answers to all questions. :+1:t3:

1 Like

That sounds like a nice deal!! Your climate control will thank you, haha!!

Congrats on the deal! What kind of charger do you use at home? Did you have to get one installed? Price? Thanks for answering all these questions!

Not a problem, though this is getting a bit OT for the Leasehackr forum, haha!!

I got my L2 charger at homedepot.com of all places!!

***BTW, I know it drives the diehard EV guys nuts when people call the Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment [EVSE] a “charger”, since the charger is actually in the Bolt, but they’re the only folks who seem to care, and no one else knows what the hell an EVSE is, haha!! :slight_smile: ***

Back in 2014, when I got my 2014 smart EV (one of those stupid-low cost leases they had, $76/month after all incentives for 36 months, $0 down), I went looking for an L2 charger, and found this one…

…on sale for $399 with free shipping. Now, I’m not sure if it was a mistake or what, but I was able to buy it for that price!

I wired a NEMA pigtail to it, and had an electrician install a 50 amp circuit & NEMA outlet in the garage. I went plug-in vs hard wire so I could easily upgrade the charger if it broke in the future.

Well, 3 years of daily use later, and the Schneider L2 charger is still going strong. Works just dandy with the Bolt, too BTW!! :smile:

Point of all this is…there are a lot of good choices out there, and if you spend some time hunting around, you can get an L2 relatively cheap. For example, I’ve seen the hardwire Siemens on sale at HD for $399 within the past couple of months. Throw in one of those 10% coupons they send out periodically, and you’re looking at $360+tax for a decent L2. Not too shabby.

Good luck!!

I didnt know you were allowed to tint your windows on a lease?
Do you have to have it removed before you turn it in?

You can do anything you want to a lease. You just have to return it to its original stock form when you turn it back in. In CA, most dealers/inspectors don’t mind tint left on though, as long as it isn’t super dark/limo tint.

Thanks for the info! Very good to know. I’ve been curious about how people handle charging. If it’s only $100 difference i’ll probably order the official Tesla EVSE (thanks for the correction). :slight_smile:

What @Jon said…I’ve leased a few cars over the years, and the Tint Shop is usually my first stop after leaving the dealership. I’ve never had the tint called out as excess wear and tear, or had to remove it (knocks on wood).

As always, YMMV, etc!!

I actually spoke to my dealer about that. As long as it’s a decent quality tint, and not falling off, they don’t mind. They consider the tint to be an upgrade.

Technically you aren’t supposed to tint the front windows and the windshield (in CA), but people do it anyway.

LT w/ DC Fast Charge in White; leased from PREMIER Chevrolet Buena Park
36/15,000
$2000 Down/out the door, includes first month payment
$270 Month

Ask for Tricia aka ChevySalesGirl on this site.

:star_struck::sunglasses::face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Awesome deal! I wish the NorCal dealers take their delusions for grandeur noses out of the gutter and start offering these deals.

How do you like the car after about a month of ownership? Also what is your at-home charger strategy? 110v regular or are you thinking of installing L2 in your garage?

Awesome deal on 15k miles. On 10k miles, I am assuming this can be sub 240 easily …

$235 to be exact. I was Completely Satisfied with Premier Chevrolet.

I saw that Chevy is offering $1k conquest cash (from Buick), does that stack on here? Wondering about a 12k Bolt Premier lease.

Are you able to provide the lease calculation details. This looks like a good deal - but I’d like to know the final net cost of your Bolt Premier - what is the residual and money factor.

I’m in Norcal - and I’m not seeing these prices.

According to your numbers - you are paying $330 per month (before tax) - for 35 months - so that’s a total of: $11,550 - and for 15000 miles - wow.

Best Im seeing in San Francisco Bay area is a total of $13,500 ($2k down + $326- + Tax).