2017 Chevy Bolt Premier Lease

Just picked up my new Bolt on Saturday, 08/05 from Penske Chevrolet in Cerritos. I’m in love with this car, haha!!

2017 Bolt Premier, Orange Burst, both packages, DCFC, LPO Black Bow Ties, LPO All-Weather Cargo Mat

MSRP: $44,230
36 months, 35 payments (first payment waived)
Zero down, zero drive off
15k/year
$360.28/month, tax included

Payment doesn’t reflect the $2,500 CA EV rebate or the SCE $450 EV rebate.

I’m very happy with the deal I got. This was the easiest car buying experience I’ve ever had. All done via email.

Tony Hardy was my salesperson. Great guy to work with.

I drove it straight to Exteme Autowerks in Cerritos for the tint job. Outstanding workmanship there as always.

I was also working with Tricia from Premier Chevrolet, but Tony was able to come through with the interior color I was looking for.

I also wanted to say that this forum is such a great resource…it lets you know what’s possible.

5 Likes

“All done via email.” – Very nice!

What is the residual on your deal?

Residual is $25,211.10

Curious, what interior were you looking for, was it the light ash leather? If so, has the dashboard glare been a problem at all? I hear bad things on the interwebs!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

I wanted the Galvanized Gray, without the Sky Cool Gray accents.

Dash glare with the GG interior hasn’t been a problem for me (I understand that the majority of the complaints have been about the Light Ash).

When I got the tint, I also had 70% installed on the windshield…IDK if that helps mitigate it or not. Though the 70% looks clear to anyone looking at it. In fact, no one knows there’s film on the WS unless I tell them, haha!!

BTW, all the tint is high heat rejection and it seems to make a big difference in how hard the climate control has to work to keep the interior cool. I know it made a world of difference in my 2014 smart EV.

Awesome, thanks for the detailed answer! I’ll definitely check out Extreme Autowerks based on your recommendation!

Great deal. I was actually trying to lease this car on Saturday morning texting one of the sales reps there. When they said, “looks like it’s already sold. I see it going to detail now.” I know who it was for! Congrats and enjoy!

If you don’t mind me asking why did you ultimately decide on getting a premier vs the LT? I am thinking about getting a Bolt…thanks!

Wow, how about that?? Keep looking, you’ll find the Bolt that was meant for you!! :+1:

Funny how things work out sometimes…I was initially looking at a Bolt Premier that Penske showed in-stock on their website in Kinetic Blue (I wanted either Blue or Orange), with an MSRP of $43,905. But it had sold just a few days before.

So, Tony sent me the deal on the one I ultimately bought…at first I wasn’t sure about paying extra for the Black Bow Ties and All-weather Cargo Mat, but the deal was too good to pass up.

And like I wrote, the Black Bow Ties look sharp. Also, the cargo mat works great. It doesn’t interfere with the operation of the false floor, and of course it’s great when I throw my wet things in the back after a Masters Swim class. It’s still too much to pay for a rubber mat, haha!!, but it’s well-made and well-designed.

1 Like

Don’t mind at all!! That’s what these forums are all about, sharing info to help one another.

I wanted the Premier because it’s the only trim that comes with:

• Leather seating

• Driver’s Confidence II

• Rearview Mirror Camera (the rearview mirror actually switches between a normal auto-dimming mirror and a wide-screen rear camera)

• Heated rear seats

• Turn signal indicators on the side-view mirrors

• Bose sound system with sub (I like my tunes, haha!!)

• Rear USB charging ports

• The blue LED light strip on the dash (purely for looks, but it does look cool)

• Center arm rest/cup holders for the rear passengers

• Wireless cell phone charging pocket (my iPhone 7+ doesn’t support WC, but rumors are that the iPhone 8 will and, even if it doesn’t, the pocket is a handy cell phone holder)

• And the big one…Surround Vision. I’ve heard of this feature on other cars, but never experienced it until now. It’s like a revelation. It makes backing up, and maneuvering in tight spaces, effortless. It works in forward AND reverse. I’ll never have a car without it again. Amazing.

1 Like

Excellent deal you got!!

How is the driver seat? Better than LT?

I can’t say, I never test drove an LT.

The seats in my Premier have been fine for me. I’m 6’2”, 190lbs. They’re firm (which I like), and offer good support all around.

Good deal👍🏼
Wish the sales guy here in NorCal where i bought my Volt from would do the same. He does not seem like he’s interested in giving me the numbers over the phone/email anymore unlike the Volt deal. Too bad Cerritos is a long way from here :frowning:

Yeah, that is too bad they’re unwilling to give numbers via email. Especially in this day and age.

Tony Hardy at Penske didn’t mess around. The email contained the VIN, the stock number, all the included options and their codes, the MSRP, and a break down of all the lease numbers. The only qualifier (also spelled out in the email) was that all the numbers assumed Tier 1+ credit.

When I got to the dealer, there was none of that, “Oh, we didn’t mean THAT car (the one you actually wanted). There must’ve been a misunderstanding! We meant THIS car (some stripped-down model or some model with a bunch of BS add-ons like Paint Protection or VIN etching).”

Again, truly the easiest/best car buying experience I’ve ever had. We did the deal early Friday evening, Tony said he wanted to deliver the Bolt fully charged, and suggested I come in Saturday morning. I did an online GM credit app, emailed him my DL and INS info, and most of the paperwork was done and ready when I got there on Saturday. They also had the white HOV stickers for my Bolt. He even made sure I applied for the $2,500 CA rebate while I was sitting in his office.

1 Like

How much was the tint job at extreme autowerks?

What was the dealer discount and how many IVCs were given?

The tint job ran about $1,000. That’s all windows and the windshield, and all done in Sprectra PhotoSync. The heat rejection of PhotoSync is amazing. I had it installed on my smart EV in 2014 (that car is like driving around in a fish bowl, haha!!) and the difference in felt solar heating was almost hard to believe. I had no doubt that my next car would get the same film.

The crew at Extreme do such a great install job. The Bolt was at their shop 10 minutes after I had driven it off the lot, so it was still externally and internally flawless. It was still that way when I picked it up a few hours later. You couldn’t tell they had been in the car, other than the fact that there was now tint on all the windows, haha!!

The owners name is Bing. Great guy and he really knows his stuff.

Total amount of incentives received was $8494.19. That includes $500 lease conquest cash. Not sure how many DBC’s (Dealer Bonus Certificates, another term for IVC’s??) were used in the deal.

Again, my out-of-pocket was $0.00. Signed my name (over and over, haha!!), and drove away with the Bolt.

CCR $3250
Chevy Lease Cash $1250
Conquest $500
IVC $500
That’s $5500
8494.19 less $5500
What’s the $2994.19 if you don’t mind me asking? Also what is the selling price? Thanks