2017 Charger Scat Pack

Billous, unfortunately I cant get any local dealers to move much on any Chrysler product. At most I’m getting 3% discounts off MSRP on everything…Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge.

They all say any more than that is ‘under invoice’. I have money to spend and nobody wants it!!

That’s correct. I don’t know what payment you’re shooting for but the Hellcats are leasing very well right now. You can get a 2016 Hellcat for close to $500 a month with $0 down. All of my local Dodge dealerships are advertising $7,500 off MSRP right now.

I would definitely expand my search to look out of the area or state. Those dealers are insane. You can easily buy cars from other manufactures and Chrysler for “under invoice”. The fact that they are adding all those extra fees is a huge red flag that they are trying to screw you. The Hellcat is much cheaper on a lease and stickers for $20k more. Good luck.

I’m with you guys…it’s discouraging in that non of them seem to care if I bring them business. Even the dealer I got my current lease from.

Hellcat? I’ve thought about but I park outside and I’m very conscious of the overall ownership costs. Insurance, gas, tires etc. I’m too frugal lol

1 Like

What state you in? Sounds like no competition.

I’d look out of the area if I were you… I just paid to have a hellcat shipped from LA to the midwest and I’m still well ahead of where I would be if I purchased in-region.

I’m guessing we’re dead in the water on 2017 Scat Pack’s based on recent comments of the IDL cash no longer applying. But I nevertheless have a question.

The calculation here uses the Maximum Residualized MSRP (MRM) for the calculation as the actual MSRP is higher. Where did you get this value? I assume it’s specific to each lender? Ie, US Bank has one value while Chrysler financial might have another?

I think I’ve encountered it in some numbers dealers have sent me because their listed residual value and the percentage they quoted didn’t match, and I was wondering how to get it when sending proposals to dealers. Thanks.

HK

I got it directly from the dealer I was dealing with. They were able to match my initial price and incentives fairly closely, on a model I was considering, but the monthly payment numbers still didn’t match at all, they were off by about $75/mo. When I questioned this, they brought up the MRM and showed me the sheet with those numbers on it from US Bank. I don’t know about other banks. Normally with the differential between MRM and MSRP, they would expect you to pay the difference, so on this car (a well optioned Daytona 392), the differential was about $75 x 36 = $2700. It’s part of what made me decide I’d prefer a Scat Pack over a Daytona because the Daytona package added a lot to the base price before you start adding other options like sunroof and nav, getting too close too quickly to MRM.

What is MRM?..

See post #57 in this thread. MRM is Maximum Residual MSRP and it is the maximum MSRP that a leasing bank will support with a lease. For a Scat Pack for January with US Bank at least when I scored mine, the MRM was $46,600. If you have a car with an MSRP under that, nothing to worry about. If it’s heavily optioned though, and the MSRP is above $46,600, then you have to either negotiate down to a better price with the dealer, or expect to pay the difference in your monthly payment. I can help you run the Leasehackr calculator if you give me an MSRP. It effectively reduces the residual - for my car it went from 66% to like 64.2%.

Thanks for that. I never heard about this. One more thing to learn i guess.

Thanks for the feedback. I’m planning to propose some deals on SRT 392 cars, and I was hoping to look more informed if there was a way to figure out any MRM’s that might exist on them. So I’ll just use the actual MSRP for the residual calculation and hope for the best.

HK

I haven’t had much luck on the SRT. Local dealership is advertising $7500 off on Hellcats but only $2500 on their 2016 SRT.

I want to say the MRM on SRT’s from US Bank for January was in the $56k range if I remember that sheet I got from the dealer, but the residual was considerably lower than a Scat Pack - somewhere in the mid-high 50s.

I don’t have high expectations to be honest on the SRT 392. But the Chrysler Financial MF is quite low (0.00006) and the residual, while not great, isn’t terrible (60% as far as I know). So if (a big if) they will offer some substantial discounts, reasonable lease rates might be possible. But again, I’m not holding my breath.

HK

Hi everyone. I’m looking into hopefully leasing a Charger Scat Pack if things work out. I’ve been looking at MF and RV, and I found some numbers from an Edmund forum but I think they’re all through Chrysler Capitol with an RV of 56% (I think) for a 36/15 lease. After reading here I’m seeing RV #'s around 65-66%, am I to assume this is for US Bank? Does anyone have July #'s for MF and RV for US Bank on a 36/15 lease? Thank you for any information you guys might have!

Anyone have the numbers?

Thanks

Hey folks, long time listener, first time caller. Does anyone have any contacts for leasing scat packs in the DFW area? We kinda get screwed on the tax thing, but there are some good SW area rebates on them right now.
If anyone has someone they know that’s willing to deal on these, there are a few listed for sale online at various dealerships that I could go for. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

@CaptainXanax, I can only deal on the vehicles in my inventory. If you are looking at multiple dealers, it may make sense to use a broker. I recommend @Benedetto

1 Like

Thanks, Elliott. Have you done an out of state lease to Texas before? How are those handled considering we have to pay taxes on the whole selling price of the car and not just the leased portion?
Also, who’s rebates are applied? The ones in your area or mine?