2017 Bolt EV Premier (MSRP: $43,905) - $0 Drive-Off and $285/mo

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Premier Orange (Premium Color)]

Something weird but not unusual (unfortunately) happened at my dealership yesterday.
I had to turn over one of my customers to my co-worker (had two customers at the same time) and my co-worker literally messed the deal up and straight up started lying to him because he was trying to sell the specific car to another person later that day.
Long story short, my customer got upset, I went back to work with him instead, and we gave him an unbelievable super sweet deal for the inconvenince.

I thought I’d share the deal because this is the lowest I’ve seen this month knowing that incentives went down for this car.

For the story, we’re located in NorCal in the San Francisco Bay Area (South Bay to be precise) and the incentives on the Bolt EVs lost about $700 this October 2017

MSRP: [$43,905]
Selling Price: [$38,363.41]
Rebates: [Loyalty + Costco]
Excess Wear & Tear: [$406]

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [10,000]

MF: [0.00078]
Residual: [60%]

Total Due At Signing: [$0.00]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$299]

Zip Code: [94536] Fremont, CA
Sales Tax Rate: [9.25%]

Leasehackr Score: […]

What do you guys think?

************UPDATE: Congrats to:

• @kevchung on his new Bolt EV LT (see details below)

I just want to clarify something.

The customer left my desk with $0 down and $285/mo without taking excess wear & tear, and then negotiated the excess wear and tear in with my finance manager, that’s why his FINAL payment was $299/mo.

Sweet Deal… (20 char)

Is $406 a good deal for wear and tear?

@lotsomiles there are different types of wear and tear because there are multiple companies that provide wear and tear for dealers.
That being said, the average price for a “normal” wear and tear is around $900, so yes $406 is a good deal for wear and tear

Thank you ChevyEvikay92. Been looking into a high mile lease (18k or more per year) for a while and have been wondering about wear and tear options.

Is this a deal you can do again? Or was it just for that particular situation?
Also, are you a Costco partner dealer?
Thanks.

@lotsomiles like I tell my customers, wear and tear is in my opinion always a good option if you can get it cheap.

Those are not unusual at dealerships - they lie all the time lol :slight_smile:

@KSilver2000 this deal was a $700 looser deal for us so we probably won’t do it anytime soon

If this was 0 down and 0 drive off, then at 285/43905 MSRP, I would say this meets the 0.65% rule :slight_smile: So that’s a good deal and that’s before factroing the state 2.5k credit, which brings the effective down to 215 a month for 44k MSRK (aka 0.5% rule). Great deal…

@vhooloo unfortunately car salesman have this stereotype but not everybody’s like that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, if you guys are able to in the near future, keep me posted. I’m ready to sign immediately.

@KSilver2000 do you have Costco and a current lease?

There are current posts describing how people are getting Bolts for 85 to 130 a month (hint - one pay lease, state and utility rebates) …

Yes, Costco.
No, current lease.

Yes, I am very well aware. Thanks.

@vhooloo it’s possible. GM has different incentives for different areas and states. Right now MI has insanely low deals for example

@ChevyEvikay92 Will you be able to make the same deal. I have Costco membership, no current lease. Live in Fremont. Thanks!

@henrylam like I said earlier, this deal was a significant loss for us so I don’t think so. That being said, if you’re in the market for a Bolt EV I can get you a great deal too