2017 BMW X3 Loaner

Picking this up tomorrow for my wife. This is in the Midwest, dealerships out here don’t seem too eager to offer too much off MSRP, so I am pretty happy with it… Made it under the 1% rule for 15K miles per year on a pretty well equipped model.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2017 BMW X3]

MSRP: [$55,670]
Selling Price: [$47,500]
Rebates: [$1,500 Loyalty, $1,000 Holiday]
Trade-in: [$0]

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [15,000]

MF: [.00152]

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$960]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$527]

Sales Tax Rate: [8%]

For a loaner you should be well under 1%. I’m seeing non-loaners with around $53k MSRP on Honcker for $550, so you should be able to get a loaner for well under $500.

Where at? Can you link me?

1% for 10k miles seems to be the consensus? No?

Correct me if I’m wrong but the extra miles add about $104/month so…

$527-104= $413/month for a 36/10 That’s 0.7% No doubt my math needs tweaking (RV/MF changes etc)

@jim2527 10k->15k is a 3% RV change, so the monthly would be about $47/month difference.

Thanks. Still learning the finer detail!!

So $480 month if it was a 36/10.

1 Like

what’s a loaner? does anyone know how to get a lease or loaner or lease take over, with bad credit? i just got a personal injury settlement and had some health complications last few years - everything is fine now - can do a ‘decent’ down…

A loaner is a car that a dealership will let its customers use free of charge while their car is being worked on or repaired. Many times you can get a great deal on a loaner car from a dealer as opposed to a new model because they are not “new”.

BTW, putting a large down payment is the exact opposite of what you want to do when leasing. Read this:

I would also add that for leasing to be cost effective of a loaner or new car otherwise requires top tier credit. Lower credit scores, if you get approved, could mean astronomical interest rates.

1 Like

Good point. If you have bad credit, your interest rates would still also be bad if you bought a car, but of course, there it would be theoretically okay to put money down to keep payments lower.

Of course, all of that assumes that if you have a large chunk of cash, you are comfortable plunking down a portion of it in a depreciating asset like a car, but that’s another issue . . .

Because 2017 loaners are not leasable any more.