2017 BMW i3 REX, $231/month in SoCal

Thanks for sharing this amazing deal. I’ve been trying to get any dealer in Arizona to budge off of MSRP. Nothing beyond 2%! They provide the given Auto Nation, corporate fleet, and federal tax credits and say that’s enough. “We’re BMW. We won’t provide cars to people looking for the cheapest car.” Pretty ridiculous. I’m not looking for the cheapest car. I want the best deal on the car I want. Probably doesn’t help that there’s only 4 BMW dealers in Arizona. (Two of which are sibling companies.)

Great job getting that deal. Were you watching a particular car on their lot that just wouldn’t sell? Any tips on getting a dealer to drop double digits on the i3 would be much appreciated. Thanks!

My pleasure! It was my first time negotiating with knowledge and confidence so happy to share. My best tips are to learn all the levers you can pull in a lease or a purchase. And then follow this process and these scripts. Helped me a lot! www.realcartips.com/guide/newcars.shtml

1 Like

Phoenix is one of the toughest markets for luxury car purchases. Big city with limited dealerships. Recommendation would be to reach out to SoCal dealers - LA is most competitive car market in the country.

1 Like

Yep. But my app has been approved for a month and they still hasn’t mailed the check yet. So I guess when they said 90 days, they really meant it :wink:

1 Like

I’ve tried. Have had a few know my IP address was from Arizona, so they didn’t want to waste their time when “there’s 15 other dealers between us and you.” Have you had experience purchasing from SoCal (or out of state) dealers?

I had no issues working with CA dealer on Ford Focus electric. Just tell them your dad lives in long beach or some stupid shit, or that some other dealer in their back yard has already started working with you.

Tell them you are in Arizona but you are moving to Cali at the end of the month and want a car from them :slight_smile:

The not being local for service line of thought is overblown. It is really no different than a dealer located across town from you when you have a closer dealer. They recognize you are going to use the closest dealer to your house or office for included maintenance. You will need to email a number of dealers, but they will make deals out of state.

1 Like

Agreed with Jason. :+1:

For the IP address thing… use paperspace.com. $6 / mo + $.10 / hr use and you have IP from Los Angeles.

2 Likes

Hmmm, as a Volt owner, I’m a bit confused about the $7500 Tax Rebate. Is BMW actually offering you 100% of THEIR Fed Rebate? (lease bank gets the rebate… not the person leasing).

With the Volt, yes, when purchasing, you then apply and receive the rebate from the Fed (when submitting your annual income taxes), but when leasing the lease company (GM) only factors in a partial share of the Fed Tax rebate into the lease.

That’s great if BMW does that! Bravo!

Can’t speak for all cars, but I think the Volt is an odd duckling for some reason. For most EVs I’ve seen, the full fed rebate is passed onto the buyer when leasing.

Chevy only extends 4k of the federal on a lease.