2017 BMW i3 REV w/ Tech $55745 MSRP / 30 mo /10k/ $242 +tax (SoCal)

First lease hack. 2017 inventory is getting tight so this is what we settled on without having to drive 3hrs away. Really appreciate this forum and the site for all the helpful info!

2017 BMW i3 REV Mega World w/ Technology Package, Parking Assistance, and Moonroof. Black with grey interrior.

MSRP: 55,745
Selling Price: 49,055 (12% off)
Rebates: 7,500 Federal + 2,000 Lease Cash + 2,000 Loyalty + 500 USAA
Post Sale Rebates: $2500 CVRP + 450 Utility

Trade-in: [$0]

Months: 30
Annual Mileage: 10,000

MF: .00152
Residual: 61%

Security Deposit: $0
Total Due At Signing: $1,835
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $261 .

Zip Code: 92603
Sales Tax Rate: 7.75

Leasehackr Score: 29.9 years

Total Lease Cost: $6,237
Effective Monthly Payment: $207.90

2 Likes

which dealership!??? thanks!!

For the i3 loyalty rebate, what are the requirements? I’m asking because previously I thought I must either own an existing BMW or lease, but I heard others said that as long as someone in the household owns an existing BMW would qualify. I’m asking because my sister owns an old 2010 BMW, so can I get the rebate?

As I understand it, you or someone in your household has to have had an open account with BMW financial in the last 6 months—lease or purchase.

1 Like

Dealership told me if I rolled up in an old beater BMW I would still qualify for loyalty. Couldn’t find any on craigslist to make it worth my while to do though :grin:

I would call specific dealership and ask.

My understanding is it has to be within a certain age range. Check with BMWFS. Dealers will give you any answer just to get you in the door.

From @bmwdave s main thread, it appears qualification is rather liberal:

Yes, that where I read the information and started to think I misunderstood the terms of the program. I wish there is an official link from BMWFS that list out the terms and conditions. The last thing I want is to get the car and find out that I don’t qualify for the rebate.

I’m looking to replace my current i3, and this sounds like a pretty decent deal. What dealership?

Hi I’m trying to take over an i3 lease found on CL. Does anyone know if I can get ChargePoint cards from BMW and enroll in the ChargeNow program like I would a new BMW lease? The guy says that he already registered the original cards and cannot just give me those.

I’m not sure why he’s not giving it to you. I was told that ChargeNow card is registered to the vehicle’s VIN#, so if I were to use it for someone else, I will get charge accordingly. If he’s getting a new EV, he might as well just sign up for a new card.

Chargepoint cards are not registered to a vehicle but rather to an account. I have an account that includes a couple i3s and a Tesla. They all charge for free (30 mins at DC Fast, 3 hrs at Level 2) when I use my BMW issued chargepoint cards. You can add vehicles to the chargepoint account but the cards work for any car you are driving.

I would not give away my Chargepoint cards since they are linked to a credit card and EVGO and Chargepoint accounts.

That’s a good point. I linked mine with a gift card because I don’t forsee myself using it after the initial free period. Also, can’t you deactivate the card so someone else can activate it?

He is correct, he should not give you the card since they are under his name. When you take over the car, you can have him remove the car from his account, then add the car to you account. The free charging plan will continue over to you account. I had to do this over the phone with Chargepoint BTW. They will issue you a new card(s).

1 Like

Thanks guys, for all the replies, Cleared a lot of confusion for me.

So how long did it take for ChargePoint to verify your information? I guess they need to verify it with BMW also? So the original cards cannot be used at EVgo anymore?

The original cards can be used, but whomever is using them won’t be taking advantage of the free charging. The cards are NOT attached to the free charging plan. They are attached to the account, which can contain the car, which has the free charing plan attached to it. As soon as the car is officially switched over to your account, then you can get free charging. I don’t remember it taking too long. Less than a day to a few hours if I recall.

If I remember correctly, the car came with 2 chargepoint card. If he only used one of them, you can register on your Chargepoint account.

When I transfer my i3 lease to someone else, they can still register the 2nd card with no issue, and I still kept the 1st card.

for me, those two cards have the same info and same account. You may want to see if that other guy is make charges to your account lol.