2017 BMW 530i xDrive. Is this a good deal?

4.5% off MSRP and marked up MF are bad.

You should read the forum to see other bmw deals. MF is marked up. As rule of thumb payment needs to be 1% of msrp.

What should I counter with? I’m looking to purchase this now. I have to order it and it will take about a month or so for delivery.

Search forum for oher 5 series deals. Look at bimmerfest as well.

I have read most of the BMW deals. The only 2017 deal that was similar to what I have he didn’t give to much info because the dealer said he couldn’t replicate it

@nil got a much better deal. Your MSRP is alittle higher, but he’s getting 12k/year and his payment is much cheaper.

By “much cheaper” you mean $857 (here) vs ~$600 … that is a LOT

@nil did you do MSD’s? Or any extra money down? Trying to get the info together before I go up there and start demanding to speak with a sales manager lol

Yes, he put max 7 MSDs to get .00071 MF.

Just because @nil got this deal doesn’t mean that any dealer can or will match it. Even he said his dealer wouldn’t match his numbers for someone else. You need to put in the work and contact as many dealers as you can to see if any are willing to come close.

Breakdown for my deal:

MSRP: 62370
after dealer discount: 57600
after AARP and partial ski trip discount: 55600

monthly after CA tax: 599.82
drive off: 6382 (7 MSD, acquisition, registration, doc fee, tax, first month)

That was after emailing 8 dealers in my region and constantly updating them all with what the current best offer was. The dealer I ended up going with was just last minute and they ended up beating the then best offer. All in about a week’s worth of emailing back and forth.

1 Like

I’m also putting 7 max MSD’s down and I have been putting in the leg work. Thanks

I think you should be able to get at least 6% off MSRP just to start. But April MF went up from 0.00140 to 0.00146 today, so I’d make sure you’re not paying anything above that before MSD and/or AARP discounts.

And if you haven’t looked into it already, absolutely sign up for AARP to get the $1500 discount and 0.0002 MF reduction.

1 Like

I’m gonna try that. Thanks a lot @nil!

Even after putting 7 MSDs, your MF is .00137, which is barely less than the base rate of .0014. You need to find a dealer that isn’t marking up the MF and give a bigger discount off MSRP.

Do you qualify for corp fleet discount? If not, you should sign up for AARP to get a $1500 rebate and .0002 MF reduction.

And congrats on the 540. I looooove the new 5 series

I’m only 46. Think you have to be 50 and I work for the Federal Government. So no Corporate fleet discount. Unfortunately

Check out AARP discussion here (not sure about the reality though):

Thanks @Ursus and @Jon ! Signing up right now

Went with a 2018 BMW 530e MSRP 67450. Dealer discounted down to 63450. $1500 AARP and $3000 for assumed federal incentive. $6500 down total out the door. Monthly payment $647(includes taxes, and all fees) called multiple spots and they told me there was no way they could get me close to that payment.

I still don’t know how that dealer is giving you the estimated $3000 EV Incentive. It hasn’t been released at all yet. You better get it in writing that they will give you the $3000 even if BMW hasn’t to the dealer yet.