2017 BMW 330e - Need advice before purchase on Tuesday

I was quoted 369/mo for a loaded 2017, calculations below -

Discounts Include -
6000 BMW Credit
500 Corporate Fleet Credit
1500 Loyalty Credit
Another 500 not included for State EV credit.

Putting down 4000 including all Doc,dealer,registration fees. This car has every option available except for the Harmon Kardon system. Its got the exact color combination I want as well.

$4000 down brings you up to like$480 monthly payment. You need to negotiate the sales price down more. What rebates do you qualify for?

6000 BMW Credit
500 Corporate Fleet Credit
1500 Loyalty Credit

What sort of range should I be looking at for a discount on the MSRP? Ive heard 15%. The thing is, I am in New England and this is a RWD car from 2017 with 2019’s right around the corner. If they say no to further discounting, should I just walk away?

It’s not $4k down. Some of it are fees and maybe tax.

What is the breakdown for line item 20(Capped Fees)? Acquisition fee should be $925. Dealer processing of $689?

Nonetheless, looks like you are not getting much of a dealer discount. You should at least get 10% dealer discount, especially for a 2017. Aim for a 12% discount before rebates.

I don’t have the exact breakdown but that sounds about right. I asked them for a holding the rates and bumping up the mileage to 12k which is worth about $572. Let’s see what their response is tomorrow.

I guess the correct terminology was $4k due at signing. Either way, this is still too high for a 330e.

AWD is best for New England. I had a RWD Volvo and needed dedicated snow tires for the winter months or else I couldn’t back out of my steep driveway here in the Boston area. Add the extra cost of winter tires to your equation.

There is no such thing. You probably meant FWD? But FWD is just fine in snow on all-season tires. But snow tires are better in snow, of course.

Older Volvos were RWD, so perhaps that is what they were referring to? IIRC, the late-90s Volvo S90/V90, as well as pre-1994 Volvos (960, 940, 740, 240 etc) were RWD.

I think even RWD with good snow tires is probably fine, but everyone has different level of comfort.

It was a 1992 740 wagon and definitely RWD, not FWD.

I agree that FWD is OK in snow, but in my experience with RWD in Boston, having snow tires was a must. That said, RWD with snow tires performed really well. But back to the OP, the BMW in question has RWD, and being in New England, the additional cost of snow tires should be considered on top of what seems to be a less-than-stellar deal.

1 Like

Yes, didn’t know you were talking about old ones. I was thinking about newer cars, my bad @Gemini4.

All good … maybe you’re a lot younger than I am and weren’t old enough to drive in 1992. :wink:

Not really, LOL. Just my first one was 96 850 Turbo. And I’m old enough to remember 440/740/940 :slight_smile:

Ursus is definitely a high mileage model that has seen better days :slight_smile:

OP, I think this is not a bad deal which you should improve:
a) By negotiating a better discount (of 15 to 20 %)since this is a left over RWD 2017 model …
b) by not putting down any money - there is enough rebates to cover fees etc
c) Have them remove taxes from CAP cost, you pay taxes monthly in MA not on the lease …

With some effort, I think you can get to $400 with minimal drive off and no money down …