2017 BMW 3 Series for $250-300 in Southern California. Possible?

Looking to lease a 2017 3 Series in Southern California. Budget is $250/$300 a month with no drive offs. Is this feasible? Any advice on dealers to look at or strategies?

Better to lease this month or wait until July?

No. With no drive offs, I honestly don’t see that happening right now.

Thanks, Willwar!

What’s a realistic price range with no drive-offs? (I can afford to put some money into drive-offs, but prefer not to.)

When might a $250-300 deal be likely?

Ok so you looking at a bare bones one? No options at all. Maybe a loaner and you line up all rebates, fleet, and maybe some other certificate from auto show. How did you come up with this payment?

I also tried this couple of weeks back, and the best I got was $335(including tax) for 320i with Nav+Driving assistant package

@smsx
if you can wait, i’d wait. BMW isn’t incentivizing anything right now, i would at least wait until August/Sep when the new model year starts to see what incentives come out.

I concur. With 0 drive off you are not going to be able to get a new 3 series even in southern CA. Though you can typically beat the lease offers on the BMWUSA site with a motivated dealer they are a good example of what might be possible. The lowest offer this month is for the 320 and it is $289 a month plus tax with $3,964 due at delivery. $2,750 of that drive off appears to be cap reduction so the real monthly on that car is $365.39 with about $1,200 of additional taxes and fees on top of that.

If you want $300 payment with everything rolled in nothing down you will have to find about $4,000 of savings over that deal to get close to making it work. I think that is unlikely to happen.

BMW has really tightened up on leases this year. It is a new strategic change for them and seems like it is going to be in place for the foreseeable future. Don’t expect any deals through the rest of this year.

Your best bet is what NY13 mentioned. Find a service loaner and try to work a deal on it. Has to be a car with under 5,000 miles though because as part of the lease changes BMW has made leases on demo/loaners with more than 5,000 miles very expensive. Basically they reduce the residual on those cars to the point where the lease cost is pretty comparable to a brand new car.

1 Like

If anything, the RV will drop further on the 2017s once the new models come out.

It’s possible, last year september happened to be a great time to lease

When are the new 3 Series expected to come out? As I understand it, since BMW is moving to a new generation 3 Series, the 2018 models won’t be out until well into 2018. Do I have my information straight?

I’ve heard the G20 platform is intended for early 2019 release as a 2019 model.

While anything is possible, BMW’s entire strategy was different then. They are no longer incentivizing leases to push volume

@max_g i dont disagree, however at the current moment BMW isn’t worth leasing IMO unless you NEED a car, if I had the luxury of time i’d wait it out and see what comes down the pipeline.

I just read an article that said the used car market is just about to be flooded with lease returns and all the big lease players are curtailing most major incentives to level off the supply. It went on to say the next 6mo would be an ideal time to pick up a certified car as they will need to fight to push all these cars they still own back into consumer hands. I helped a friend pick up a mint, certified 2017 TSX with 4k miles for $21k with warranty through 2023 and 100k miles. I wonder if you can lease these as well?

Just got an email from Shelly BMW for 330i, zero drive off $355/mo plus tax.

I checked swapalease just because, but I noticed dealers are offering new leases (36m) on there too. There are some offering close to 300 for 0 cap cost reduc.

@max_g. How close to $300? Which models and which dealers? It’s probably worth my checking out.

It was a 3-series but I don’t remember the other details. If you look at 3-series you’ll find the dealer offers