2017 Audi A3 Lease Quote

Yeah @christine, it may be counter-intuitive to a lot of people to get the last model before the new one comes out, however, I did end up leasing a 2017 Q5 a month ago here in Florida (Coral Springs Audi). MSRP was on a 17 Q5 with tech package was $45,110 - adjusted Capitalised cost ended up at $38,640.85. This was before I stumbled on this site so I may have made some bad decision on putting money down. :frowning:

But at the end of the day, I’m only paying $464 (tax included) for a loaded Q5. Oh, I put $2000 down. :dizzy_face: (Sorry guys, should have done MSD’s)

That’s seem like a good deal to me. I wonder if I could get them down that far in SF. A little hard to find the tech package here.

@artifiz Dealers are not allowed to charge different doc fees to different customers, nor are they allowed to waive that fee. If you were able to get them to “waive” the fee, that just means there was more profit in the deal than you thought. They’re just offering a bigger discount, but doesn’t matter, it ends up feeling the same.

I am quite sure the ones that agreed felt there was still enough profit to be made, but the greedy ones will always get really angry. I returned to the same dealer that waived the doc fees the 1st time and 2nd lease they waived it before I even asked about it.

@LisaLease, The dealer doc fee is the MAXIMUM allowed to be charged. The dealer has the option to not charge that fee and is in no way required to charge a doc fee.

1 Like

Compared to what @christine is getting, even with the $2k down ($2k/36 = $56/mo) + $464, you are still only at $520/mo (including tax) which is VERY FAR from $733/mo and you are in FL (with the crazy fees that add up)

Dave got a 2017 model while Christine’s quote is for the brand new 2018 model (with no discount off MSRP).

What I did not know about before getting my lease was the MSD’s. I would have taken that route if I had known about it before hand. However, I’m not really sure if Audi has an MSD program. I looked online after the fact and found nothing - is this something the dealers want to be hush hush about? What are your experience with MSD’s with Audi?

The calculator here has the MSD program for Audi, max 10. Lowers MF by 0.00005 each (all 10 lowers approx 1.2%)

1 Like

@Ross - as with many things when it comes to car sales - the doc fee actually depends on the State. You’re correct that some states do allow that, but many states have laws against charging different amounts to different customers.

AFAIK, states can cap document fees but have no minimum. What states mandate this fee and require dealers to charge this?

@Ross - I don’t know which states, I just know I’ve read about this in more than one source. For example, here’s a quote from a cars.com article on doc fees:

"Sherralyn Peterson, an incentives consultant who works with GM and Ford dealers across 21 states, told us. "Some state laws say you have to charge everybody the same amount, so if it says that, then you really can’t deviate."
Read more at https://www.cars.com/articles/2014/06/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-a-dealer-doc-fee/

Hey guys,

Was offered this deal on a fully loaded 2017 Audi A3 and i’m trying to see if it’s a good one…

MSRP $43,300
$900 due at signing
36 mo/7500 mi a year
Monthly payment: $350 tax included

He didn’t give me the MF/residual he was using or any of the discounts - he was just trying to give me a bottom line bc it’s a 17 and he wants to move it.

Would love some input!

Do you undersand what “fully loaded” means? I don’t know how much trully fully loaded A3 is, but have a feeling it’s more than 43k.
Second time within last few days i see this on Audi.
But $350/mo sounds good to me.

$43k is definitely close to fully loaded for an A3. I’m guessing this is Premium Plus + Sport Package + others, or a Prestige. That’s almost everything. I have barely seen any A3’s list for about $40k.

It also sounds like a great deal to me. I got a 2017 Premium Plus A3 before my current car. It’s an amazingly fun ride. With all the rave about the A4, the A3 seems to be underrated for sure.

That’s the key. Fully loaded = every option. Almost everything = loaded :slight_smile:

Fair enough. Fully loaded for me usually is just upgraded sound, headlights, and sport package :rofl:

Sorry yeah I know “fully loaded” is pretty general.

It includes:

Premium Plus Package
Technology package
LED lighting package
Bang & Olufson Sound system
19 inch wheel package
Sport Package
Sport Suspension
and more

Hopefully that helps clarify.

And with that said, how does the deal sound??

1 Like

This is a great deal. I got a $39K P+ a few months ago for $347.50 incl tax and AudiCare, with first payment due at signing. This one seems fantastic.

Does anyone have the MF/RV for a Audi A3 quattro Premium for Massachusetts?