2017 Alfa Giulia

Sergio Marchionne said those problems would be fixed with a software update. Why wouldn’t I believe him?

@Siejammy was right, I should’ve listened :grin:

2 Likes

lol…waiting for a software update to fix my wiperblades…

typical fanboy, who doesn’t even own the car, calls anyone who complains about it deranged - you’ll fit right in the giulia forum once you can afford the car and actually buy it. I hope you do buy the car. I will enjoy hearing about your problems.

See, here’s the thing… You’re absolutely right. But if I could, I’d still get a Quadrifoglio anyway. She’s the Russian mail order bride that all your friends warn you about. She’ll ruin your life and bankrupt you in the process. She can’t even cook or clean. But the things she can do… When she’s on her game, which will sometimes not be the case, when she’s on… Oh man… Will knobs fall off the radio? Probably! Will it start on the third Tuesday of March? Maybe? That’s part of the cost of owning an Alfa, for better and worse, just like your Russian Mail order bride.

All of this hectic about the Giulia makes me want to get it even more… when I begin to pursue the car, I’ll let you know what happens. I believe this car will have its issues but it is also the best in its class. It competes with the 3 series and the C class and that is more than enough for me. As for the fanboy bs, we’re adults here right?

1 Like

I knew as soon as I saw this guys forum, where every post is his, that he’d obliterate this place too. We get it. Your car sucks. They have problems. Alot of problems.

The car is slowly drifting away from my thoughts and I might just lease another car… hopefully December has something good.

i got the number from glendale alfaromeo

msrp : 42000
rebate : 4500
discount : 4500
sales price : 33000
residual : 62
mf: 0.00053

24/10

monthly payment came out as 399/1000 down

cant understand why the number came out as little higher than the calculator , any thoughts ?

9000 off? Where the heck do I sign? Sure would like to see more details

$321/mo w/0 down + tax & and everything else

1 Like

that is what i am saying, but im getting 399 / 1000 any clues ?

What’s the tax and drive offs? The MF sounds right.

im in California , Glendale

Hate to beat the dead horse on the “technical” issues someone was having with their alfa but I’ll provide a laugh. My 15’ c300 has had a full piston replacement, multiple recalls etc. I spent two years as a product concierge for a Benz dealer and saw issues with almost every model, especially when the new e300 came out. It happens, I witnessed it first hand when they sent me to the Vance Alabama plant, I can’t count how many cars were getting sent to the crusher because they were lemons right off the line…IMO I’d be leasing a Giulia right now if I could get out of my c300 8 months early. Car was so fun to drive .

So…LEMON LAW IT??? Am I the only one here that doesn’t see that as a viable option here.

Stop whining and saying the “car is crap”.

Lemon Law and be done with it.

I’m getting hopeful that economics of the lease will improve. I’m pretty sure I noticed last month, or earlier this month that is was 0% for 36 months, and they are now advertising 0% for 60 months. That doesn’t help leasing, but I would think they improve buying incentives before they would fatten up their lease offers…

Got a quote from a dealership here in San Diego, CA:

2017 Giulia Base RWD with exterior and interior sports appearance pkg

MSRP: $41,690
-$2500 discount
-$4500 lease conquest (current owner of a Mercedes)
MF: 0.00052
Residual: $25,847

24 months/10k miles a year
$0 down
Lease payment: $473/month including taxes

Obviously not a great deal but where can I start the negotiating process?

Start with at least 10% off before incentives.

Are they using FCA MF and residual? Is so what is the acquisition fee that they’ve quoted you?