MF: [.00097]
Trade-in: [$0]
Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [15,000]
Security Deposit: [$0]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$492.50]
Zip Code: [60010]
Sales Tax Rate: [10%]

I’ve never done a lease deal before, but even at new car purchase pricing this appears to be a good deal. However, I’m not sure what makes up the $495 monthly cost, my calculations show about $375/month in depreciation, but then about 118/month in fees/taxes.

Anything feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Based on the zip code, I think you’re in Cook County, IL? Beware that Cook County DOUBLE TAXES leases. I’m not sure about all the details, but this is one of the primary reasons why BMW lessees choose to do BMW Owner’s Choice over a traditional lease in that area.

I would get a breakdown of the payment, and also investigate if Acura offers something similar.

$500/mo for an outgoing TLX model in my opinion is not worth it. Try working the deal on a 2018.

Thanks, I was able to get down to $535 on a 2018 TLX AWD w/Advance. That’s also a $0 down, and pay for first month’s and dealer/doc fees to a tune of $1k out of pocket. For 36 months/15k miles.

Oh, and first year’s oil changes included (3x’s at 5k miles)

Does that seem right to you all?

Personally,

I would go with 12k miles since Acura lease returns forgive half your miles upto 7500 if you lease another car from them. I would not get their oil change or maintenance plans. And shoot for 24 months. It will help with the miles if you include the above forgiveness. Realistically try to get this down to around $400/mo or 1% of the MSRP per month with $0 down.

2 Likes

Cook County doesn’t double tax but if you live in City of Chicago limits then there is additional tax. Not sure if OP resides in Cook County or Lake County but 10% seems high.