2017 330i xdrive Pre-owned

what would define as a good or reasonable deal for 330i xdrive 12k/3 yr lease ?

dreamworld5:

Yes. MSRP of $51235. I would think that $350 per month, on 36/12k, with 1st month payment down only, could easily be achieved on cars with MSRP’s in the $48/$49K range before Feb 1st.

ok so here is what I am about to sign up for 2017 Loaner 4800 miles.

term:12k/36 mo.
MSRP: 48.4k
Sales price:37.9k
MF:0.00191
Res value: 62%
0 down (total sign up/.starter $2249 incl 1st mo payment)
359/mo + Tax (MA)

Lease hacker calculator gave me score of 11.2 years. I think residual value comes bit high (28k) however i dont plan on keeping it.

Good, bad, ugly deal ?

I think your sale price should be lower. There are $3000 in rebates everyone has access to. Also given the sale price, you shouldn’t be paying a fully marked up MF - buy rate is .00152.

Well thats what i dont understand fully. They are basically quoting me 359+ tax. The car has following package. If I dont intend to buy out at the end of lease period, 0 down 359/mo + tax for 12k/36 is reasonable for 2017 loaner ?

All the other dealers i called are quoting ~440 which is ridiculous. I was plan on pitching 330+ tax to close this.

great, that means pretty close. Thanks!

Dreamworld5:

1. They are quoting you the highest MF. Actually would be .00192. Best rate/buy rate is .00152. You should at least get them down to .00172.

2. 62% residual? Mine was 61% (before added miles) end of year on 36/10k? 36/12k would be a lower residual to start.

3. I would offer $350 (state taxes in), 1st payment down and all taxes/fees in on that car ($48.4k)

1 Like

yes residula value is 61% not 62%.

Basically you are suggesting 350/mo 12k/36 & just 1st month paymen 350. other doc, registration, acquisition fee, title etc include in 350/mo roll in.

That would be correct. Give them a check for the first month payment ($350) and drive off and make the remaining 35 payments to BMW.
The residual value on 36/12k would be lower than 61% because the car is not worth as much at lease end due to the extra miles put on it. Probably 59%? $15 more a payment than 36/10k.

got it, Thanks! I will try, Not sure where you are from but Mass, NH dealers are just quoting crazy at 440+ tax on top of starter fee ~2k. Talked to atleast 7 dealers. After talking with them the deal i almost finalized looked better but ofcourse its not the best.

i was basically considering to stay close to 15k over 3 years. WIth my deal it comes to 15624$ over 3 years, which is 434 compared to your proposed 350.

I live in Ohio. Bought my car near Philadelphia (324 miles), and paid $375 to transport it to my home (basically adding $11 per month to my payment.) The best deals can be found in NJ, Maryland, and Virginia. What exact color combo are you looking for with similar options listed? Would you consider a Grand Turismo M Sport in gray/black?

Do the numbers on a 24 month lease. It sometimes works out better. However that sale price isn’t terribly aggressive for a loaner. That’s a price I would expect BEFORE the rebates kick in. But to be fair, those dealers that are discounting their cars that much before rebates are far and few between. I’m getting on a plane tuesday morning to fly down south to pick up such a loaner BMW myself. Zero way any local dealer would come anywhere even close.

I don’t prefer 24 mo lease because i would be asked to pay for common fees (acquisition fees, title, tax etc) again so its deprecated in 2 years compared to 3.

Right, but the extra 6% residual makes a fairly big difference when there is a large discount. Even when you roll up all the extra fees into the final cap cost. Just saying, run the numbers for both and look at the total lease cost divided by 24 and 36 months, might be surprised in some cases.

ok. so I am getting following numbers now.

2000 in fees,taxes, 1st month payment incl.
350/mo including tax

That’s a $396 per month payment. Like I said before, I wouldn’t do that on a $48k+ 2017 service loaner!

i know its not 350 but its new england. Dont see any dealer coming even close to this. 2017 loaner inventory is about to be vanished.

OK. If transporting a car from out of state is not an option for you, then if you are ok with both the car and the price, then go for it. Good luck!

Alright. So finally i signed the deal with this term:

term:12k/36 mo.
MSRP: 48.4k
Sales price:37.9k - 3k rebate
MF:0.00159
Res value: 61%
Residual: $27.8
270 1st month payment
2000 down (for which they gave me bunch of insurance/add on choices. This also includes all the tax, title registration, acqusition)
270/mo (Tax fee all included)

so on avg it came $325/pm flat.

Thanks very much folks for your guidance and push to keep negotiating.