2016 Toyota Camry SE

As I posted yesterday, I was getting slightly conflicting information regarding the residual, mf, and incentives for a 2016 Camry SE in Arizona on a 24/12.

Edmunds forum said 71%, .0006, and $1,000
This forum said 71%, .00073, and $1,250

After doing my research on local inventory, I put together offer letters to 3 dealers. They all reported back that the residual was 69%, mf was .00073, and they wouldn’t give me the exact incentives.

Is there a way for the dealer to make extra profit by decreasing the residual %? I thought that was outside of the dealer’s control. I appreciate the help as I’m trying to get a lease finalized this evening before the incentives pass.

Hi @jthacker48,

From what I know, dealers cannot mark the residual up. Please keep in mind that Toyota’s lease programs vary by regions. This could result in residual difference elsewhere on the forum.

Hope this helps!

I believe Edmunds gave you the numbers for Southern California rather than AZ.

I’ve heard that Toyota does not residualize options. Camry SE has a “base” residual of 71% for 24 months, 12,000 miles per year.

To further elaborate on that…

71% of $24,675 (base price) = $17,519

If the car has $800 in options, the MSRP is $25,475 but the residual stays the same ($17,519). This drops the residual to 69%.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to get all of the numbers until I go into the dealership this evening. With that said, here are the details I do know:

MSRP: $28,355
24/12
$0 Out of Pocket
$270 / month

I’m pretty happy with the monthly payment based on my calculations. It’s just driving me crazy that I can’t figure out exactly how they are getting to that number. As soon as I’ve got all of the numbers in a couple of hours, I’ll report back.

Maybe this will help.

Have a 2016 Camry SE looking for lease transfer in the South Florida area. Lease ends 12/18 and ODO reads 14400 on a 36000 mile lease. $199/month.

PM me for more information

this thread was posted in Jan 2016

Thought it would be relevant to post about my 2016 camry in this thread, didnt want to add clutter by starting a new one