2016 Kia Optima SX Limited - Thoughts?

Working a deal with a local Kia dealer. here is the break down:

MSRP: 37,440
Selling Price: 35,016 (includes $199 window tint)

Lease Cash: 5,000
Uber Incentive: 1,000

29,016 is the cost after incentives. This also includes the tax credit (I live in TX).

True $0 down, rolling first payment as well.
39 months
10k/mi/yr
49% residual
.00078 MF.

Payment is $354/month.

Sounds reasonable to me for this car, passes the 1% MSRP rule as well. I don’t think they have any more room in the car, I worked with the sales manager and he said that Kia’s don’t have a ton of markup. Seems nice and I’m inclined to believe him. He said he’d make around 300 bucks, after the kickback from Kia. It also seems like he’s going to give me the exact amount of the payoff on my current lease, so that’s good. What do you guys think?

$354 with tax? or without?

Check truecar to see what discounts are like in your area (make sure to unselect any incentives). In my area, it’s showing discounts around 10% off before incentives.

Are you dead set on 39 months? It may actually be cheaper to do 24 months since it has more lease cash.

@Alex that was including tax.

@jmac63 that’s right at what I see on truecar. It’s more expensive on 24 months and 36 months, ran the numbers already.

The only other thing I would suggest is take a look at the 2016 Optima Hybrid EX. I’m not sure what the difference is as far as features and options, but it has a similar MSRP and can be leased for much less due to higher lease cash.

Other that that, you seem to have already done your research to come up with the best possible deal in your area. So if you like the car and the payment, go for it!

Seems decent. I’d bite.

The hybrid is too slow lol I want the 2.0T!

1 Like