2016 BMW 340i w/ 6 speed manual in Mineral Gray (Lease assumption) - $333.50/mo (tax included) - SOLD

Would you be able to share what’s the payment like for your wife’s 340i? thanks. Wife is looking for manual lol but like to keep our option open

holy crap. howd you manage 20% off?

Super interested in your wife’s car, send me an email if she decides to transfer the lease growe @ inbox dot com

Never mind the MSD, would love to get 20% off MRSP plus 65% residual on 12k/yr. Surprised you could find this deal in Mtn. View where they are minting money off the tech nerds. Was this a special order that fell through or just a normal vehicle sitting on the lot?

I’m not sure why it was sold to me at such an aggressive price. But during that time, the socal dealers were being aggressive too, then MV blew everyone out of the water. My wife’s car was about 18% off IIRC. It wasn’t an order that fell through as far as I know, but it was a punched car.

I have to say, now that the transfer is pending and things are moving along, I am really sad. Gonna miss the car. The deal is killing me to pass on, but it’s stupid of me to have the car while working from home and the WRX sitting right next to it as well.

2 Likes

In my experience with manual BMW’s, dealers will negotiate the price quite a bit. While I love them, and my wife refuses to drive anything but a manual, we are in the vast minority of buyers. Her manual BMW sat on the lot for a long time. When we found it we called the dealer to make sure it was really a manual, and even then the sales team called us back to verify that we still wanted to come drive it since it was a 6 spd. My guess would be that someone ordered it and changed their mind. This is certainly not a normal configuration that BMW sells in a manual (for that, you’d be looking at a 2 or 4 series).

Just my 0.02

I used to be a big fan of the BMW manual tranny but it’s no fun when you live in an area with constant stop-and-go freeway traffic, San Francisco hills, etc. I will definitely consider one should I ever move to a better area for free-spirited driving.

Yea manual is not popular around SF Bay Area. Too many hills… BMW of MW gave me a quote 3 days ago for a 320i manual, and it’s actually higher than your 340i payment. While I was a bit piss on the other hand… I’ll just wait for them to email me give me some better number. :triumph:

Thanks everyone, lease assumption completed. Since not many timelines for CA assumption, here’s the following.

7/24: Called BMW, gave email and name of new lessee. Lessee applied and was approved within 10 minutes
7/25: Received stage 2 documents through email, met that evening to sign documents and to receive half of agreed amount.
7/26: Next day mailed documents
7/27: Confirmation email from BMW that documents were received
8/9: Email stating stage 2 complete (they have to wait for CA title to be mailed to them)
8/11: Email stating assumption complete, OK to transfer car

So about 2 weeks to complete once the stage 2 documents are received on their end.

Thanks LH.

Can they replicate the deal on a 2017 is the question?