2015 BMW i3 REx Lease Takeover $100

Original MSRP around $53k (capparis white w/Tera, etc.)
One year left on lease (through March 2018)
Car has more than 17,000 lease miles left
Monthly is under $100 (not a typo!)
MSDs of $700 (refunded at lease end)

Asking for best offer over $3,000 to takeover. Net lease cost will be around $300/month if exactly $3,000. There’s nothing comparable value-wise and we have two i3’s. Bmw application fee and shipping are your responsibility.

Please let me know if there are any questions. Great for someone wanting the EV experience or awaiting greater EV competition in 2018, i.e., Model 3, Bolt, i3 (rumored LCI), etc.

1 Like

You are asking to be paid to get out of a lease?

I guess it depends on perspective. If the rule of thumb is 1% of msrp, a $300 monthly for 17,000 miles over 12 months handily beats the standard.

Any way you put it - @baconbacon is right. But someone may happily take it over for $300.

Hmmm. I’m not sure if you guys are purposely ignoring the fact that you can’t find a comparable deal on leasetrader or swapaleasee. You certainly can’t get a new i3 REx for this type of value and anyone in the market for an EV would readily acknowledge that.

Let me repeat, the actual monthly payment is under $100 and the proposed net out of pocket is $2,300 ($3,000 minus $700 in MSDs).

Do you pay less than $100 a month on your $53,000 MSRP vehicle? :sunglasses:

This is not a bad deal and I don’t have a problem with people making money from lease transfer at all.

With that said, I’m paying $299/month for my 2017 REx (MSRP $52,495) with $2500 drive-off ($0 net drive-off after CA rebate), and I know a bunch of people got much better deal back to last Dec. I’m sure BMWFS will start to bump up the RV in the next few months with Model 3 hitting the market, increased Bolt supply, and 2018 i3 coming with a face lift.

So $300/month for a 2015 i3 is good but not ‘leasehackr’ good, unless someone is looking for a 1-year lease while waiting for Model 3. Plus, you need to add in the transfer cost ($500) + deposit fee ($350) + potential tire change (~$500) + potential excessive wear&tear charges when return the car. That might be a deal breaker for a lot of people.

1 Like

I don’t have an issue w. someone making money either but the “cost” he quotes is not accurate. As you pointed out:

• $500 lease transfer
  • $350 depo
  • $X (depending on condition of car/rims)
  • $350 - $1200 for shipping to your location
  • $3000 payment to him/her

= $4200 - $5050
Minus $700 MSD

that’s a monthly of $350 - $435 which isn’t a great deal at all for an i3.

4 Likes

You can easily get a bolt for 350 monthly and get a volt for less than 4k total!!!

To be fair, pretty big difference between a Volt and an i3. The one is a 50k car, the other a 30k car.

A 2015 i3 is 30k max. It may have been 50k when new but it is now 30k max. I was comparing a used 2015 i3 lease to a NEW 2017 volt lease and I would say the market value of both is close.

As all Leasehackrs know, what the MSRP is/was is not relevant. It is the sales price and residual and MF that are relevant lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

All good points but the CA rebate is only available to CA customers. Your $299 is really $350+ (Hard to tell if you’ve got a 24 or 36 month lease) in comparison to this deal, and the return costs would all be the same. So if you’re deal is a leasehackr good, then my offer is actually better.

The tires have 7,700 miles on them. And the turn-in standard for bmwfs is 1 mm for i3’s. Wear and tear applies to every car. Not sure where you’re going with that.

Lastly a bump in RV would benefit a person on a short term lease like this unless I misunderstood what you meant by referring to it.

vhooloo, Comparing a bolt to an i3 is like comparing a 2015 5 series to a 2017 Honda Accord. Puhleaze. And that $350 bolt has its own end of lease costs, no different than any leased car.

Remember, this lease has 17,000 miles to go.

1 Like

I can smash that deal in CO currently. You can easily end in the $220 range after the state tax credit is factored in.

That’s good for folks in Colorado. But I’m sure it’s not a 12 month lease and I’m sure you realize that the total cost of a $220/month over 36 months (and you don’t say $0 out of pocket at signing nor state the total miles per year, how convenient) is almost two and a half times the cost of this lease.

I agree. It is a unique lease for unique circumstances. If someone wants a high mileage electric lease for 1 year

How long did the original set of tires last? My 2015 i3 REx needed the tires replaced after 12K miles. They’re only made by Bridgestone and go for $580 for a set not including tax and installation.

As mentioned before, I have two i3’s. The other one has 15,000 or so miles and the tread is just fine. With that said, most leases and, by definition, lease takeovers as well, probably have a potential need for new tires towards the end of the lease. Mileage will vary remains true and accurate. :wink:

Where is the car located? Are there recent docs showing service?

I expect you will find a new home for this one quickly. Great opportunity for someone to give an electric car a try with plenty of miles without a long term commitment. Wish I needed a car!

New Jersey and yes as well as updated software and nav.

Didn’t someone post recently a $231 lease for a new i3 REX.