'20 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription

Working on trying to find a deal on an XC60 T6. This one is in NJ, one downside will be needing to ship to Wisconsin. We are deciding on 2 very different vehicles, this is one of them. Let me know what I’m missing or should be asking for. I was thinking more off msrp. Appreciate the feedback.

'20 XC60 T6 Insc
36/15k
MSRP 58.4k
Pre-incentive 52.9k
Lease cash 2,250
Costco 1,250
Total after incentives 49.4k
0 down
MSDs 8
MF .0003
=> Monthly $549, not including tax

yeah, that’s the only thing you can ask if the mf is already at buy rate. Oh, maybe some dealer extras, free window tint, extended warranty etc.

Good luck!

1 Like

You’re at 9.5% pre-incentive. You might be able to fight for a bit more, but you may not get much traction. You’re sitting at the “try for more, but don’t necessarily expect more” line.

Why 8 MSDs?

1 Like

Good Q, he mentioned 8 was max bc the MF was so low, not the full 10. He adjusted the mo to 549 so I wouldn’t need another $50 for msd, current 8 msd at 550.

Is .0003 the MF before or after MSDs?

If it’s before, the max you can do is 5.

If it’s after, you can do more.

.0003 is after MSDs

Then only being able to do 8 makes no sense

1 Like

If there is any dealer installed extras, tell them you don’t need them (even though you do :smile: ) and ask them to get you a car w/o those. Sometimes they discount them or give it to you for free.

1 Like

Can’t say I’ve ever came across a dealer installed extra I wanted

2 Likes

me neither, and I don’t need a $500 window tint when I can get it done for ~100. Last time they tried to charge me $100 for nitrogen tire fill. Nope

Typo. Must be .00003 AFTER 8 MSDs, .00043 before

Here is the deal i got in CA
almost $70k msrp vs your $58k, and just $50/m more than you

1 Like

I would look at the 21’s I think at the moment they lease a bit better or close to this.

@mariob33 wouldn’t the higher RV on a '21 be offset by a dealer that is potentially less likely to provide a 10% discount off msrp?

Higher residual, 1.5K lease cash, Costco and a somewhat equal discount (+/- 1-2%) should result in a pretty comparable payment. But YMMV and shopping locally will ultimately save on shipping which could be another $27 a month net. I wouldn’t discount it and just shop 20’s.

@mariob33 Good points. Thanks.

This is why I don’t deal with the incredible errogance of our local dealership. This was the quote and response to my request asking for base MF and adding MSDs. Some dealers don’t need to negotiate because they get plenty of business, but this one needed to be shared. It’s worth noting we only discussed their non-negotiable pre-incentive price which was 8.5% off (albeit not terrible) and the MF. Enjoy.

"Margins are thin in this business and what you’re proposing requires that we do a fair amount of additional work while eroding our margin to absolutely nothing.

I’m sure you can appreciate that we are in business to be profitable."

That sheet is pathetic, don’t even bother.

1 Like

There should be some loaner 20s left in the Chicago area. I just closed on one last week, an Inscription with an MSRP of $59,145 for $509 a month including IL tax and only paid doc fee, license and first payment at signing.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.