20% off MSRP for 2020 M235i that’s been on lot 200+ days too much to ask?

Yes, for a non-demo loaner it will be a little bit harder, but 20% still does not seem unreasonable.

Personally, I usually don’t even waste too much time chasing non-demo/loaner cars. I’d rather save the extra few percent!

1 Like

I’d love to see it. Interested to see what happens.

There’s probably less than 20 lease-able 2020s left, demos and new.

You also need to realize it’s probably been sitting for 200+ days because the dealer doesn’t want to get aggressive and move it before it ages to this point.

2 Likes

I know of one thats out there thats new (again…not my preference) and at close to 20%…but Im being an @$$ and not giving any more deets in case I end up wanting it😜.

1 Like

Let us know how it goes.
Fun car for sure, especially with the LC!

True…sometimes you just have to get lucky with the right SM at the right time who is sick of looking at the thing.

Very true, what I’ll do on a car is very different than the other 3 SMs at my store.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure if you took a poll here on this board that we would all be 100% in favor of @ethanrs having a BMW franchise added under his name. That would be some awesome leasing mayhem👍

2 Likes

It’s been two weeks… pretty sure they said no.

But hey better to take your best shot than to walk away and keep wondering “what if”

My apologies. I decided not to even venture an offer. I’ve got a 340i lease coming due for turn in and it doesn’t appear I’ll be able to get into something similar for anything close to what I’m paying now ($330/mo).

I really appreciate all the input though. You guys on here are a WEALTH of great education!

I’ve come around to the idea of maybe joining the EV revolution. I know, quite the departure from BMW, but the savings are hard to argue against.

Thanks again everyone.

3 Likes

No worries… might be worth asking BMWFS if you can extend

I might do that. Thanks. It’s usually only for a few months, if ever, correct?

You can generally extend for up to 6 months, but it’s their discretion how long they let you extend.

I called about a month ago and asked, they said they would give me two months no questions asked, but for longer than that they wanted an order commitment. They said I also had to call back within the last 60 days of the contract to make the request.

So…an extra 2 months should be in the bag.

1 Like

How much latitude and empowerment to discount do you have? I always just find the odd dynamics of this business interesting. I have a friend who got into an SM position who literally isn’t allowed to go under invoice on BMW’s. He used to lease them to me for under and new upper management took over and basically just said “we’re not doing this anymore at all”.

That comes from an incompetent GM. As managers we don’t have set pricing guidelines, it’s whatever we think it makes sense in the bigger picture. If I’m having a monster month nobody will question me taking a deal that makes zero sense, again I can really do what I want if it makes sense in my eyes. There are many many many factors that go into my decision making when blowing a car out.

Ex

• How many cars have we sold today

• How much gross do we have today

• How bad do I need to get rid of this car and how many leads have we worked on it

• Where am I at in the month with gross and units

• Does this salesperson deserve the deal right now, as much as I don’t want to do it

etc etc

This is how I was able to lose six figures of gross a month on Bolts when they were at the peak. If I myself already profited the store $380k (in October) nobody is going to say anything about me blowing out $100k of gross on Bolts if it makes sense in the net.

3 Likes

For that sweet 300 new car/month bonus :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

yeah that’s not true at all. you will get one month, two tops. bmw has not been doing more than that for several years, unless you have an order number to show them.

1 Like

@aronchi my friend is going on his 5th month of extending his X5M that was due back in October of last year. He just keeps coming up with a reason and they keep saying okay. No order number. I know last month he said he was trying to work out a deal for a new one but didn’t have a production number yet.

1 Like

$330/mo will be tough to beat, you can probably find some kind of loaner that fits though

I too was looking at possibly getting a low priced EV to replace my 2018 340i but figured I’d at least try to get something similar for the same price of less (mine was at 388/mo)

You can find some solid i3 transfers if you want to stay with BMW, it is actually a pretty great car for around town.

Hope you find the right car and deal!