'20 Macan GTS - To Waive Acquisition Fee or Not

Greetings Fellow Hackr(s):

My ordered Macan will be arriving shortly and I am not certain if I should lease same for 24, 27, 30, 36 or 39 months. My modus operandi has been to enter into 36 month terms and sell the car between the 18 - 24 month mark. I have done this for my last 6 P-cars without financial or other regrets. PFS’ current Tier 1 base rate for the aforementioned lease periods are .00250. PFS’ acquisition fee is $1,095. While PFS does not permit its acquisition fee to be marked-up, it may be waived in exchange for a .00033 bump in the MF. While there is another Bank that offers a lower money factor for the Macan, it does not provide for PFS’ $1,000 damage waiver at lease end, or PFS’ lease-pull ahead program which waives either 12, 6, or 3 months of any remaining lease payments (model/year specific). The lease pull ahead program is crucial because if the car is damaged in a collision or similar situation it is likely that I will be unable to dispose (without severe loss) of the car prior to the end of the lease. While the difference in payments is minimal, if I choose the no waiver option and sell the car before the end of the lease, the payoff will be higher.

No waiver:

24 = $1086.91
27 = $1058.69
30 = $1035.27
36 = $977.67
39 = $964.21

Waiver:

24 = $1,078.21
27= $1,054.88
30 = $1,035.27
36 = $983.38
39 = $971.88

Given the above, which lease term is best and should I waive the acquisition fee in exchange for the rate bump?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Cheers!

Idk what you’re asking here. Do the math and let us know? Or are you asking someone to do the math for you?

1 Like

Calculations uploaded.

Looks like you finished the math…again, not sure what you are asking. Looks like you answered your own question on which term is best. If you value the waiver, pay more. If not, take the other deal. Seems pretty cut and dry.

1 Like

It’s not so cut and dry. If I unload the car prior to the end of the lease, my payoff will be $1,095 higher if I proceed with the non-waiver route vs. slightly higher payments if I waive, coupled with a lower payoff if unloaded prior to end of lease.

Which do you value more? There’s your answer.

Seems like chump change if you can spend this much on a Macan.

Do you even know when you’ll unload your car? You mentioned 18-24 months for your previous cars so…

It seems pretty cut and dry for me