19 Tiguan S 4M - offer sheet makes 0 financial sense

I’m currently in a 2017 Passat and my lease is up in August. I’m just under $270 a month. I’m looking for a 19 Tiguan v. a 2020 to try and keep the payment close to where I am now. Contacted a dealer and they came back with this offer sheet.

I’m not sure what exactly the “advantage” is that I’m paying $1700 for but whatever. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I can get a RLine off Rodo for less than any options on that sheet.

I’m not sure where to try and go from here. We’re light-years apart and I’m frustrated with this whole lease hacking process. I’m about to say screw it and get a Kia or Honda from Rodo and just be done. Any advice would be appreciated.

Just wait til July or August instead of rolling in existing payments.

1 Like

Agreed on waiting. Also, due to RVs, I don’t think 2019s will lease cheaper than 2020 for Tiguan.

Your payment should be half of this.

Thanks y’all. Guess I’ll wait.

That’s what I was hoping for. If it was, I’d be on my way to NC.

Doubt you’re going to find a Tiguan 36/12 lease for $270 with 0 DAS

Probably not too far off though. The SoCal dealer on the marketplace has a Tig S FWD for $249 for 39/12k plus $697 DAS, nets out to just under $270, but thats for FWD. 4Mo, I can still see under $300. So even if not exactly half, certainly much closer to that than mid-500.

1 Like

That offer stinks, needs to go in the “Worst Leases you’ve seen” category. Good luck with Rodo, they don’t usually produce. You find the right dealer and you can probably get close to where you want to be on a Tiguan S, but I’d wait it out until August

1 Like