’19 Tacoma. Buy (finance or cash), extended 6mo, or flip?

I’m currently leasing ’19 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4WD, V6, Double Cab 5-ft.
36/12k Lease term ends in September. I do need a vehicle so returning without securing another is not an option.

The contract not within arm reach, but pretty much:
Adjusted cap cost $32,xxx (after rebate and % off MSRP, $38k originally)
Residual value $28,xxx
Security deposit $1,800
Drive off $1,4xx (1st payment, ACQ/LIC/TIT, upfront taxes)
Monthly w/tax $209

For the last six months, I’ve been on the look for something similar (maybe another taco), locally (Midwest) and nationally, but nothing comes close in terms of price. Any suggestions?

How much equity do you have?

Reach out to @Jrouleau426

3 Likes

See if you can extend the lease and for how long if you don’t have a lot of equity or none at all.

Carfax
Retail $37,570
Private $36,220
Trade-In $34,220

CarGurus
Instant Market Value $39,899
Private $38,151
Trade-in $32,467

KBB
Private $37,547
Trade-in $34,788

Based on values above, roughly:
$6,000 trade-in
$7,000 private sale (after tax)

hmmm,

Toyota extends 6 months. I was thinking this route would be most reasonable given low monthly, until I sort out a decent deal

Unfortunately those 3 are ‘guestimate’ numbers.
They are not true numbers, they are ‘guesses’ because they don’t plug into the Auction prices at all.

Try Carvana, Vroom, Carmax and your local toyota dealer

2 Likes

Yes, based upon the MSRP, I would expect those numbers to be ~$5k too high. (I have a 2020 Taco TRD sport with premium/tech and some other package -$45k MSRP, and the offers I am getting have gone from $39.5k to $37.5k from late June to late July).

1 Like

Auto lenders Go, and Penske (Carshop.com), might be good reference points as well. Don’t forget to hit up autonation.com for their valuation.

3 Likes

Can you extend 6 months and order a Jeep Gladiator, should come in roughly in about 4. It won’t be $200 but would be well priced considering current market.

2 Likes

DP: very true. when I was selling elantra for equity carvana gave me 26700, kbb: 26000, vroom: 26200. I went to a local dealership and was offered 25500 initially, agreed on 25750. my buyout was 21480.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.