19 BMW M550Xi lease (MSRP discount)

Hello guys,

I am looking to lease 2019 BMW M550Xi.
What is the realistic % off MSRP this month (May 2019)
I have heard 11-12% off the new one is possible and over 15% would be possible on demo with less than 5k miles on it.
Did anyone lease the same vehicle pretty recently?

Any input would be appreciated.
Thank you :smile:

Assuming 4K miles itā€™s not unreasonable to ask for a 14-18% discount prior to any rebates.

Iā€™ve had BMW dealers in Dallas tell me to go fly a kite when I asked for double digits percent off a demoā€¦ Maybe I need to wait till later in the month. :man_shrugging:t3:

Youā€™re asking the wrong dealer then. I had at least 3 dealer chomping at the bit for my business and offering 15%+ on first pencil. One came in at 18% and obviously gained my business once we worked the specifics out.

on an m550i? seriously?

2 Likes

Anything is possible with the right situation. Reasonable is 8-10% for new and 1.5-2% addtl per 1K miles.

I assure you, itā€™s not. It may be possible on a beater 330 or 530, but not an m550.

1 Like

Key is to find a M550i loaner/demo to try it on. More likely though itā€™ll be a new car and 8-10% is about as well as one can do unless you just happen to stumble upon a car with every option under the sun or a slow selling color.

1 Like

what type of discount can I expect on 19 M550Xi this month before any incentives?

It depends on the dealer. There is no single answer. Email a bunch of dealers and make your case. Make them bid for your business.

Anyone have luck recently with an aggressive deal (~10% off range before incentives) in New England / NY-NJ area? Iā€™m coming out of a 2016 550 that had a crazy residual (66%) and trying to find a replacement without huge bump in payment.

If you donā€™t want a bump in payment, check out the 540. The G30 540 is faster than the pre-LCI F10 550 and about as fast as the LCI 550 0-60mph. M550 is a whole other animal, but the F10 550 and G30 540 acceleration stats are very similar.

I was told that the M550ā€™s are flying off the lot, why would they discount them 12%+?

Every car is flying off the lot. Even the one thatā€™s been sitting in the showroom for the last 4 months. :wink:

1 Like

Yea, I donā€™t buy the ā€œtheyā€™re flying off the lotā€ comments. Buyers are shifting to SUVs across the board, sales numbers show that for all luxury brands. Also BMW puts their $$ and residual support where the metal ISNā€™T moving so Iā€™d consider strong residual and lease/loyalty cash a sign that this car needs a boost. (The only model with equally strong programs is the 3GT and wagon which is about as dead as can be!) Inventories are definitely lower but the 550 has never been a volume model.

(Disclosure - itā€™s been a while now but I spent many years in the biz with BMW so I wouldnā€™t say Iā€™m the typical newbie around these parts)

This afternoon I was offered $3k off an $85k MSRP 2019 M550 in Ohio.

Subtract lease cash and conquest from that, of course ($5,500 total, I believe; you will see why I donā€™t remember in a minute).

36/10, just fees/registration upfront (+7 MSDs), buy rate on the MF, 59% residualā€¦ came to $1,019 a month.

I didnā€™t even bother to scribble anything down, thatā€™s from memory. HARD PASS.

At least I drove one and learned that I donā€™t want an M550, so it wasnā€™t a complete waste of time.

What didnā€™t you like about the car?

Iā€™m in my 40s. The car didnā€™t seem age appropriate.

Pros: lots of power, fun to drive.

Cons: boring styling; looks like a college car for a kid from an affluent suburb.

Iā€™m 40 and most cars that I like are prob not age appropriate.

If you want a boring car, just lease a base Camry or Equinox for $250 and be done with it.

Donā€™t give up on yourself so easy.

Iā€™m not giving up. I just canā€™t find anything I really want.

Honestly, itā€™s more the uninspired styling on the M550 than anything else.

Its the definition of a sleeper. Whatā€™s more mature than that?

I get itā€¦ to each their own.